W3C

- DRAFT -

Media Fragments Working Group Teleconference

27 Jan 2010

Agenda

See also: IRC log

Attendees

Present
Erik, Davy, Raphael, Conrad_(IRC), Silvia, Philip
Regrets
Jack, Yves, Michael
Chair
Raphael, Eric
Scribe
Raphael

Contents


<trackbot> Date: 27 January 2010

Conrad, are you reading IRC only?

<scribe> Scribe: Raphael

<scribe> scribenick: raphael

1. Admin

PROPOSED to accept the minutes of the 20 January 2009 telecon: http://www.w3.org/2010/01/20-mediafrag-minutes.html?

<davy> +1

+1

ACTION-127?

<trackbot> ACTION-127 -- Yves Lafon to look for the charter extension -- due 2010-01-20 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/127

Minutes of 24/01 are accepted

ACTION-127?

<trackbot> ACTION-127 -- Yves Lafon to look for the charter extension -- due 2010-01-20 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/127

Thierry is taking care of that

Thierry: we discuss yesterday the charter, and Philippe agree to one year extension for working on Media Fragment 1.0 only
... I made the request today to W3M
... I expect a positive answer since the domain leader agrees
... I and Philippe emphasize we need to go to last call asap

Goal: important f2f next month, try to solve all issues in order to be prepared to be last call in March

F2F Meeting

Draft agenda: http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/FithF2FAgenda

Erik: I will update the venue details on the wiki

Thierry: I will book zakim for these 2 days
... 08 and 09 March, 08:00 AM till 18:00 PM European time

Raphael: please, enter topic of discussion of things you would like to have sorted out during the f2f meeting
... ALL, complete http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/FithF2FAgenda#Agenda_Preparation

3. Discussion

Silvia: I pointed out a weird character in the document

Raphael: might be an encoding problem ... UTF-8 displays solves it

<scribe> ACTION: troncy to fix the weird character in the spec document [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/01/27-mediafrag-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - troncy

trackbot, status

Silvia: feedback from FOMS
... discussion about Focus Attention behavior
... see http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2010Jan/0055.html
... discussion between Conrad, I and Mozilla firefox developers and Philip
... we need to look at the # as a focus in the player
... comes back at the in-context / out-of-context previous discussion
... we should recommend what a UA should do in the UI when it is displaying a media fragment

Davy: for the spatial fragment, you will recommend that a UA will draw a rectangle on the region ?

Silvia: A browser can always overrule what we say
... we haven't really dicussed spatial fragments rendering
... spatial is anyways very spatial, is it really a fragment ?
... we have discussed the temporal fragment, 99% of our use cases :-)

Raphael: I agree, let's focus on the temporal fragment rendering in UI
... I'm looking at http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/WD-media-fragments-spec/#processing
... the Section 5 of the current draft

<foolip> oh noes, I missed it didn't I?

nope philip, not yet

we are half of the telecon :-)

<foolip> oh, we started 30 minutes ago, righht?

<scribe> ACTION: Silvia to draft a new subsection in the Section 5 regarding the rendering in the UI of media fragments, at least for the temporal dimension [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/01/27-mediafrag-minutes.html#action02]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-130 - Draft a new subsection in the Section 5 regarding the rendering in the UI of media fragments, at least for the temporal dimension [on Silvia Pfeiffer - due 2010-02-03].

Silvia: I haven't thought about other dimensions

Davy: I will think about rendering for other dimensions (spatial and tracks)

Raphael: another thread of discussion on the mailing list has been triggered by Werner: temporal fragments of media with time stamps

See http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2010Jan/0027.html

My summary: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2010Jan/0075.html

Raphael: how should we handle that?
... SMPTE was motivated by frame-based access to media

Silvia: let's restrict to time continuous type of media
... timestamps are just markers

<silvia> contiguously marked SMPTE time codes

ACYTION: Davy to write down a new ISSUE in the tracker regarding the problem raised by werner (see also raphael's summary)

<scribe> ACTION: Davy to write down a new ISSUE in the tracker regarding the problem raised by werner (see also raphael's summary) [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/01/27-mediafrag-minutes.html#action03]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-131 - Write down a new ISSUE in the tracker regarding the problem raised by werner (see also raphael's summary) [on Davy Van Deursen - due 2010-02-03].

Last thing we need to discuss are the proposed changes of Philip

See: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2010Jan/0034.html

<foolip> lucky I got here in time then :)

Philip, are you joining us on the phone ?

We would like to discuss your proposed changes

<foolip> I'll see if I can phone in

Raphael: Why did we choose ABNF syntax in a first place ?

Silvia: can't remember why we choosed that

Raphael: let's ask Yves if he agrees to this change
... and more generally, to the group for the new paragraphs

<scribe> ACTION: Raphael will ask on the mailing list if anybody has any problem with these changes proposed by Philip [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/01/27-mediafrag-minutes.html#action04]

<trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - Raphael

4. AOB

Silvia: we should clearly mark the stable sections in the document
... for the mozilla developpers

<foolip> and Opera developers :)

of course :-)

Philip: one more issue ... dealing with decimal point ?

trackbot, status

<silvia> http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/WD-media-fragments-spec/#processing-protocol-UA-mapped

<scribe> ACTION: Philip to send to the mailing list a description of a new issue to be discussed (dealing with decimal for specifying time?) [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/01/27-mediafrag-minutes.html#action05]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-132 - Send to the mailing list a description of a new issue to be discussed (dealing with decimal for specifying time?) [on Philip J├Ągenstedt - due 2010-02-03].

Silvia: I think we mainly now need to discuss the section 5.2.1.x

<scribe> ACTION: Erik will try to generate some time diagram for the protocol description in the section 5.2.1.x [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/01/27-mediafrag-minutes.html#action06]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-133 - Will try to generate some time diagram for the protocol description in the section 5.2.1.x [on Erik Mannens - due 2010-02-03].

Raphael: ALL to not forget to add items for the agenda for the upcoming F2F meeting

[meeting adjourned]

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: Davy to write down a new ISSUE in the tracker regarding the problem raised by werner (see also raphael's summary) [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/01/27-mediafrag-minutes.html#action03]
[NEW] ACTION: Erik will try to generate some time diagram for the protocol description in the section 5.2.1.x [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/01/27-mediafrag-minutes.html#action06]
[NEW] ACTION: Philip to send to the mailing list a description of a new issue to be discussed (dealing with decimal for specifying time?) [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/01/27-mediafrag-minutes.html#action05]
[NEW] ACTION: Raphael will ask on the mailing list if anybody has any problem with these changes proposed by Philip [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/01/27-mediafrag-minutes.html#action04]
[NEW] ACTION: Silvia to draft a new subsection in the Section 5 regarding the rendering in the UI of media fragments, at least for the temporal dimension [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/01/27-mediafrag-minutes.html#action02]
[NEW] ACTION: troncy to fix the weird character in the spec document [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/01/27-mediafrag-minutes.html#action01]
 
[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.135 (CVS log)
$Date: 2010/01/27 10:57:51 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.135  of Date: 2009/03/02 03:52:20  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/paragrphs/paragraphs/
Found Scribe: Raphael
Inferring ScribeNick: raphael
Found ScribeNick: raphael
Present: Erik Davy Raphael Conrad_(IRC) Silvia Philip
Regrets: Jack Yves Michael
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2010Jan/0064.html
Found Date: 27 Jan 2010
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2010/01/27-mediafrag-minutes.html
People with action items: davy erik philip raphael silvia troncy try will

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]