Media Annotations Working Group Teleconference

01 Sep 2009


See also: IRC log


+, tobias, +49.851.509.aabb, +31.20.598.aacc, florian, [IPcaller], Felix, chris, +43.316.876.aaee, thierry, wbailer




<joakim> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2009Aug/0023.html

<joakim> scribe: Chris

<joakim> https://www.dimis.fim.uni-passau.de/~stegmai/w3c_ontology_semudate09.pdf

<florian> https://www.dimis.fim.uni-passau.de/~stegmai/w3c_ontology_semudate09.pdf

florian comments the ongoing work for the Semudate2009 paper

different approaches for ontology design are discussed

florian: submission is septembre 7th
... feedback is welcome

Joakim: Topic: Media Fragments WD review
... Raphael has asked us for a formal review of &#147;Use cases and

requirements for Media Fragments WG

<veroniqueM> I haven't looked at it yet

Joakim: who plans to read it?

<florian> me not either

<fsasaki> felix can take an action itemto read the document

<wbailer> i plan to read it

<veroniqueM> I will have a look at the document, probably later this week, before next week monday anyway

<fsasaki> probably everybody should just send comments to the list, and we can merge them

<veroniqueM> good idea!

<scribe> ACTION: Felix to read the document [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/09/01-mediaann-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-150 - Read the document [on Felix Sasaki - due 2009-09-08].

<daniel> long time no talk...glad to see all of you today

Joakim: next item

<fsasaki> felix: sorry, very noise today, so I will type ...

<fsasaki> .. the mail is just FYI, so no action needed for the moment IMO

Joakim: link with Technical Architecture Group

<fsasaki> .. the TAG will probably come to use sooner or later

<joakim> http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/WD-mediaont-10-20090618/

<joakim> http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/track/actions/open

action-47 for Werner: ongoing

Werner: has now a new affiliation
... no changes in work for the WG

raphael: works now as invited expert for the WG due to new employer

<fsasaki> felix: this is ongoing, please keep it open

<fsasaki> .. I have to go through the tables again to check

<raphael> thanks to Veronique and Felix for providing comments on the Media Fragments WD, please, send your comments to our list

action-124 for felix: ongoing

review of action items

close action-130

<trackbot> ACTION-130 Create an XSL transformation for the format mapping sheets closed

<raphael> trackbot, start telecon

<trackbot> Date: 01 September 2009

close action-131

<trackbot> ACTION-131 Add a datatype column to the format mapping sheets closed

close action-132

<trackbot> ACTION-132 Add a column for XPath expressions to the format sheets closed

action-134 for David:

action-134 for David: ongoing

action-135 for David: ongoing

action-136 for Joakim: added proposal on the wiki


werner: wonders if all relation types are needed

Joakim: will review the relation types for creator and contributor

action-136 for Joakim: ongoing

Werner: added grouping in the main summary table
... asks for feedback

<joakim> http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/drafts/ontology10/WD/summary.html

<florian> +1 (grouping)

Werner: should we apply the grouping for all other tables?

<raphael> +1 for grouping


<veroniqueM> I think that it makes sense and would improve the readability of the table

<veroniqueM> +1

<wonsuk> +1

<fsasaki> +1

Joakim: is the summary table mature enough to extend it to all tables?

close action-137

<trackbot> ACTION-137 Update attributes table closed

close action-145

<trackbot> ACTION-145 Elaborate on the API return types (structured and unstructured) by providing examples closed

close action-146

<trackbot> ACTION-146 Define sub-types for the different properties closed

<raphael> ACTION-148?

<trackbot> ACTION-148 -- WonSuk Lee to start work and collaboration on the API draft document -- due 2009-07-03 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/track/actions/148

<raphael> ACTION-147?

<trackbot> ACTION-147 -- Thierry Michel to check status of Web IDL for web api's -- due 2009-07-03 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/track/actions/147

Thierry: no clear view yet when new working draft from the WebApp WG will be published
... will contact them again and report

action-147 for Thierry: ongoing

Wonsuk: work started on the API draft document
... proposed description of each section in the document
... first draft should be made by 15th of September

action-148 for Wonsuk: ongoing

<raphael> ACTION-149?

<trackbot> ACTION-149 -- David Singer to review of whole of ontology doc with veronique -- due 2009-07-28 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/track/actions/149

Veronique: will have a look by next week

action-149 for David (and Veronique): ongoing

<joakim> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2009Aug/0000.html

<fsasaki> Felix: I have to leave soon, but Dave already answered my questions about http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2009Aug/0000.html already, If you have further feedback about http://www.sasakiatcf.com/felix/ma/02/ and whether it implements correctly http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/wiki/Strawman_API_design_and_notes , it would be great

<raphael> Could we edit this action into a more meaningful label? such as: Felix to review the Media Fragments WD ?

<joakim> http://www.sasakiatcf.com/felix/ma/02/

API Design

Florian: IDL seems best for first step
... afterwards we could use other language like Java or ECMAScript


<fsasaki> +1

<wonsuk> +1

Feed back from PFWG

<florian> IDL or WebIDL

<joakim> We request that you provide a property to indicate the location of alternate versions

Joakim: no response has been given to the Protocols and Formats WG

<raphael> What is the range of the DCMI isFormatOf property ? is it a litteral or a URI of the mime type ?

Werner: the question posed by the PFWG is not really clear
... the meaning of "alternate version" is vague
... will forward an answer to the mailing list for approval

<scribe> ACTION: Werner to formulate an answer on the feed back from PFWG (Protocols and Formats WG) [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/09/01-mediaann-minutes.html#action02]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-151 - Formulate an answer on the feed back from PFWG (Protocols and Formats WG) [on Werner Bailer - due 2009-09-08].

<joakim> 0. abstract à need to make first draft

<joakim> 1. Introduction à need to make first draft

<joakim> 2. Terminology à firstly add the terms from ontology doc if we need. And then add additional terms if we need.

<joakim> 3. Data type Description à Do anyone have ideas ?

First WD of API DOC

<joakim> 4. API Description à After referred Strawman API design and notes page[1] in wiki, describe draft APIs based on the core properties of ontology doc.

<joakim> 5. Examples of how to use the API(in Java for example(chris), web IDL) à I think it could be covered later after mature of APIs.

<tobias> @Raphael: isFormatOf has domain/range http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema#Resource; this is defined in the domain/range document issued in in 2007: http://dublincore.org/documents/2007/07/02/domain-range/

<raphael> Joakim: we look for more editors of this doc

Joakim: who is working on the document now

Wonsuk: Florian, Victor, and Chris
... looking for volunteers for each part
... asks feedback on the initial structure of the API doc

Joakim: should we decide who works on which section now?

Florian: maybe it is a bit too early?

<daniel> I recommend to continue this activity in mailing list

<veroniqueM> I think that the paper that some of us are co-writing could be a nice starting point for the API document

<raphael> Is the goal of this doc to document the API ?

<raphael> what would be its status ? a note ?

<veroniqueM> I thought it would be to describe the principles under which the possible implementations are done

Raphael: is the document only technical (like produced by javadoc) or to explain the entire API in all it's aspects?
... if it is a guide for implementations it is not really appropriate as a recommendation

Joakim: the document should result in a recommendation

Wonsuk: the goal is to define the API to handle the metadata formats

<veroniqueM> I think that it is important to describe the API in the fashion of the draft paper

Joakim: are we obliged to make a recommendation

Thierry: yes

<veroniqueM> I could not understand Daniel

<veroniqueM> we have to know what to put in the document for it to be a recommendation sometime :)

Joakim: we need to have a concrete plan for the document

<florian> +1 @ vero

<veroniqueM> we should know what to write...

<florian> that?s exactly what i wanted to say a few minutes ago

Raphael: when the ontology changes the API needs to change accordingly

Joakim: yes, there is a direct link

Raphael: why not use same structure as ontology document
... grouping properties like in the ontology

Wonsuk: we could use the Semudate paper as a starting base for the API document

Joakim: let's put the deadline on the outline on end of this week

<veroniqueM> I think we should simply remove what is not relevant in this paper for the API document and see what needs to be written

Wonsuk: we should continue this discussion by email

Florian: there are too much undefined topics in the document

maybe somebody should try defining the content of the sections to move on?

<florian> +1

<raphael> +1 for someone to better identify the content of each section to move on

Joakim: maybe we can start on some sections

<tobias> +1

<veroniqueM> +1

Wonsuk: volunteers for section 4

Joakim: Wonsuk can provide a first version of section 4 (API description)

<raphael> I had a look at other W3C spec, for example the OWLspecification, which also has developed an API

<raphael> note that this API is not part of the spec

<raphael> but the spec contains some general guidelines for the API, see http://www.w3.org/TR/owl-ref/#app-DLinRDF

<veroniqueM> +1 to Florian: we should get the content written first, then write the introduction and abstract once we agree on the content

<raphael> in OWL vocab, this is an Annex: Rules of Thumb for OWL DL ontologies

<daniel> This is over...let's keep working on that issue in mailing list

<raphael> Chris: you have normative and non-normative annex

<raphael> ... so if your question is about the status of the annex, then it depends :-)

Veronique: we can describe the API on high level for now as it is done in the paper

<tobias> there is an API specification document by the Geolocation people which has been recently released: http://www.w3.org/TR/geolocation-API/

<joakim> +1

<raphael> +1 tobias, and a rec track document

Joakim: Wonsuk will make draft for section 4

<joakim> bye

<raphael> [adjourned]

<florian> btw

<florian> vicotr is writting an api paper

<florian> you should talk to him ;)

<raphael> ah! victor from Spain ?

<raphael> Presents: Chris, Daniel, Joakim, Florian, Veronique, Tobias, Raphael, Wonsuk, Werner

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: Felix to read the document [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/09/01-mediaann-minutes.html#action01]
[NEW] ACTION: Werner to formulate an answer on the feed back from PFWG (Protocols and Formats WG) [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/09/01-mediaann-minutes.html#action02]
[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.135 (CVS log)
$Date: 2009/09/01 13:15:24 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.135  of Date: 2009/03/02 03:52:20  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/AI /action item/
Succeeded: s/first item/Topic: Media Fragments WD review/
Succeeded: s/new working draft/new working draft from the WebApp WG/
Succeeded: s/to much/too much/
Found Scribe: Chris
Inferring ScribeNick: Chris
Default Present: +, tobias, +49.851.509.aabb, +31.20.598.aacc, florian, [IPcaller], Felix, chris, +43.316.876.aaee, thierry, wbailer
Present: + tobias +49.851.509.aabb +31.20.598.aacc florian [IPcaller] Felix chris +43.316.876.aaee thierry wbailer
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2009Aug/0023.html
Found Date: 01 Sep 2009
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2009/09/01-mediaann-minutes.html
People with action items: felix werner

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]