See also: IRC log
<tmichel> we have regrets from werner and erik
<tmichel> let me dial in
<pchampin> that's me
<tmichel> Felix can you hear me on zakim ?
thierry explains various steps (FPWD etc.) of w3c process
<scribe> scribe: fsasaki
example of a test suite: http://www.w3.org/International/its/tests/
minutes from previous meeting http://www.w3.org/2008/12/16-mediaann-minutes.html approved
<frank> I can do the next next
scribe volunteer Pierre-Antoine
Pierre-Antoine scribe 20.1. 2009, frank scribe 27.1. 2009
Schedule for the next call on 20.1. 2009 (now every Tuesday, 13:00 UTC)
<trackbot> ACTION-20 Add a link from WG page to the "still alive" MMSEM wiki pages and to make sure that everybody can edit the pages closed
action 43 is pending
<trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - 43
AI 44 done
frank: went through requirements
document, took use cases explained, checked if xmp:history can be
... xmp:history looks useful, we should use it
<trackbot> ACTION-44 Check if xmp:history is applicable for the current use cases closed
<trackbot> ACTION-45 Look at how sony ericsson uses xmp closed
joakim: sent a mail about this to the list
<trackbot> ACTION-46 Bother Eric so that he gives AI to Chris about the metadata model from IBBT closed
felix: done, chris sent a mail to the list about the model
AI 47 ongoing
<trackbot> ACTION-48 Send pointer to media fragments WG for review of uc&req doc, when it is ready closed
AI 49 ongoing
felix: sent mail to larry masinter, no response yet
<trackbot> ACTION-53 Revise the introduction, using material from the "video" UC section closed
<trackbot> ACTION-51 Make a drawing to make clear what we are not doing closed
AI 54 pending
AI 55 pending
<trackbot> ACTION-57 Check with plh how he wants us to move the requirements document forward closed
<trackbot> ACTION-58 Add the issue of returning String/URI value as an additional requirement closed
joakim: sent a mail about this
thierry: let's leave it open, try to have more discussion until next week
<trackbot> ACTION-60 Ask Chris about the question of heterogeneous return values closed
<trackbot> ACTION-61 Request short URI for the requirements document closed
<trackbot> ACTION-63 Formulate a liason letter for the MPEG MXM group closed
victor: formally it has been done,
informally I will report at next MPEG meeting about our groups
activities, within the next weeks
... will ask you to take a look at the presentation before
thierry: please send to the group for review
thierry: thanks to felix for
providing the document, it's now frozen
... we are now going to ask for formal publication on TR page
... publication is planned for jan 19th
... Any Objection to request Transition of the document to FPWD ?
... no objections
RESOLUTION: Working Groups agrees to move document to FPWD, no objections
thierry: please do not advertise URI of document before publication on Monday
thierry: we should publish LC version
of this doc in march, might be doable
... we may or may not get feedback on UC & req document, the LC draft will give more feedback
... for LC in march, we have 1-1/2 months for revising the document
werner: if we get feedback on
document and revise a section, what will happen?
... so after publication on Monday we can adapt it any time?
thierry: we can update the internal
WD, and in March we will say we publish a LC version and ask other
WGs for review
... after LC of the req & use case LC draft, we wil publish the req & use case document as a "working Group note"
... we have worked on uc & req doc, we now need to think about ontology and API doc
joakim: schedule might be very optimistic
thierry: group is chartered until
January 2010, we have another year
... if we don't fulfil milestones, at the end of the year we will request an extension, maybe 6 more months, depending on where we stand
joakim: took all properties we have
identified as relevant from XMP review in one column in the excel
... filled out the ID3 column
thierry: what will be outcome of XMP / IDE mapping
joakim: sometimes properties were
... e.g. there are various date related properties
... e.g. in DC we have date, but other vocabularies make differences between createDate, dateChanged
... DC is more generic
<VeroniqueM> could we have a "transitivity" problem?
<VeroniqueM> if property A from voc A is "mapped" to property B from voc B, that is in turn mapped to property C from another, what is the "mapping" status of A with respect to C?
<Victor> now :)
<pchampin> a simple solution to handle duplication would be to only support the most generic property
<pchampin> but this may not be satisfactory for every duplicate property
<VeroniqueM> DC would be the interlingua?
<tmichel> I ammuted now ;-)
<tmichel> sorry about this buzz
<tmichel> For CR exit criteria we need implementation for two mapping (two features)
<tmichel> work implmentation driven. Ask people of the WG which aattribute they use
<tmichel> inputs XML and uses an XSL style sheet
felix: propose to think from CR step: what functionalities are people ready to implement?
thierry: agree. It is not good to
define a lot of mappings if we will not implement them during
... problem of how to proceed with duplicate mappings, which joakim described
<tmichel> Tobias I can't hear you
<tobiasb> Probably I have a problem with the micro
<tobiasb> I started yesterday and will be ready with it next week!
<tmichel> Wonsuk ?
going through formats and see when they be finished
<tmichel> TYoutube and Media RSS , TXfeed for next week
<tobiasb> Same for SearchMonkey...did not start but will be ready next week
<scribe> ACTION: wonsuk to finish TYoutube and Media RSS , TXfeed for next week [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/01/13-mediaann-minutes.html#action01]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-65 - Finish TYoutube and Media RSS , TXfeed for next week [on WonSuk Lee - due 2009-01-20].
<scribe> ACTION: Tobias to do searchmonkeymedia [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/01/13-mediaann-minutes.html#action02]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-66 - Do searchmonkeymedia [on Tobias BÃ¼rger - due 2009-01-20].
<tmichel> Jean Pierre
<scribe> ACTION: jean-pierre to review tvanytime [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/01/13-mediaann-minutes.html#action03]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-67 - Review tvanytime [on Jean-Pierre EVAIN - due 2009-01-20].
<scribe> ACTION: Jean-Pierre to review EBU [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/01/13-mediaann-minutes.html#action04]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-68 - Review EBU [on Jean-Pierre EVAIN - due 2009-01-20].
<scribe> ACTION: Joakim to review Cable Labs Video-On-Demand Content specification 2.0 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/01/13-mediaann-minutes.html#action05]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-69 - Review Cable Labs Video-On-Demand Content specification 2.0 [on Joakim SÃ¶derberg - due 2009-01-20].
<scribe> ACTION: Jean-Pierre to review IPTC [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/01/13-mediaann-minutes.html#action06]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-70 - Review IPTC [on Jean-Pierre EVAIN - due 2009-01-20].
<scribe> ACTION: Chris to review DIG35 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/01/13-mediaann-minutes.html#action07]
<trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - Chris
<scribe> ACTION: Thierry to ask AC rep of IBBT to nominate Chris [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/01/13-mediaann-minutes.html#action08]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-71 - Ask AC rep of IBBT to nominate Chris [on Thierry Michel - due 2009-01-20].
review of FRBR is done
victor: review of FRBR is done
<scribe> ACTION: victor to report on FRBR next week [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/01/13-mediaann-minutes.html#action09]
<trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - victor
<scribe> ACTION: Felix to review MIX [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/01/13-mediaann-minutes.html#action10]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-72 - Review MIX [on Felix Sasaki - due 2009-01-20].
<Victor> Requirement r07 says "Introducing several abstraction levels in the ontology", mapping to FRBR is inmediate and easy. Next conference I can report more details if needed.
frank: werner and I worked on it
<scribe> .. ongoing
UNKNOWN_SPEAKER: need more time
<tobiasb> MediaRDF: Alread y had a look; will provide information for mapping table by the deadline next week
<scribe> ACTION: frank to review with werner MPEG-7 - due 2009-27-1 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/01/13-mediaann-minutes.html#action11]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-73 - review with werner MPEG-7 [on Frank Nack - due 2011-03-01].
<scribe> ACTION: werner to review SMPTE [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/01/13-mediaann-minutes.html#action12]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-74 - Review SMPTE [on Werner Bailer - due 2009-01-20].
<tobiasb> METS, LOM: Already had a look; will provide information for mapping table by the deadline next week
<scribe> ACTION: tobias to review METS [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/01/13-mediaann-minutes.html#action13]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-75 - Review METS [on Tobias BÃ¼rger - due 2009-01-20].
<scribe> ACTION: TOBIAS to review LOM [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/01/13-mediaann-minutes.html#action14]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-76 - Review LOM [on Tobias BÃ¼rger - due 2009-01-20].
thierry: questions on mapping?
joakim: API and ontology schedule, maybe need to talk about it at next meeting
thierry: agree, need to talk about this next week
regrets for next week: Felix traveling, thierry also (probably will join by phone)
<tmichel> rssagent, darft minutes
<tmichel> rssagent, draft minutes
<tmichel> rssagent, make minutes
<joakim> felix: after you sent the command to rrsagent, draft minutes
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.133 of Date: 2008/01/18 18:48:51 Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/ Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00) Succeeded: s/pending/done/ Succeeded: s/regrets: erik, werner/regrets: erik/ Succeeded: s/generi/generic/ Succeeded: s/duplicate mappings/duplicate mappings, which joakim described/ Found Scribe: fsasaki Inferring ScribeNick: fsasaki Default Present: Thierry, Felix, +95177aaaa, pchampin, tobiasb, wonsuk, +46.1.07.17.aabb, joakim, victor, [VrijeUni], veronique, +31.20.525.aacc, davy Present: thierry joakim tobias victor werner wonsuk felix pchampin frank veronique davy Regrets: erik Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2009Jan/0017.html Got date from IRC log name: 13 Jan 2009 Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2009/01/13-mediaann-minutes.html People with action items: chris felix frank jean-pierre joakim thierry tobias victor werner wonsuk[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]