See also: IRC log
<trackbot> Meeting: Media Fragments Working Group Teleconference
<trackbot> Date: 08 October 2008
<raphael> Scribe: Michael
Erik: Accept minutes?
<raphael> +1 for accepting the minutes
Yves will take care of the Wiki issue right after call
<raphael> RESOLVED: minutes from 2008/10/01 telecon accepted
Raphael: I've structured the
issue on the Wiki, most seem to concern all UC
... temporal seem ok spatial is still open
Silvia: temporally connected fragments?
Raphael: Video UC
Silvia: multiple URIs is hard to deal with, though I see it is needed
Raphael: Thinking back of the interview, edited in two parts
<raphael> Silvia points out the complexity of multi-fragment URIs
<raphael> Given what Silvia suggests, I think this issue is related to the playlist UC
<nessy> xspf = playlist format
<raphael> The question boils to: can a multi-fragment URI be implemented as a playlist? is it the same thing?
Silvia: follow up on F2F
Erik: spatial fragment shape?
Raphael: Might be a matter of complexity, maybe in the second phase of the WG?
<raphael> Silvia suggests to look at the image maps specification
Raphael: will look into it
<scribe> ACTION: Raphael to look into image maps spec re spatial fragment shape [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/10/08-mediafrag-minutes.html#action01]
<trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - Raphael
Erik: containers and substreams
Silvia: From HTTP POV we're
looking at resources
... in the media POV a container
... however re RTSP the format the container
... should focus on HTTP
Raphael: Wouldn't is make sense to list all container formats we want to deal with?
Davy: ack to support container formats
<raphael> Is the Matroska (mkv) format relevant for example?
<Yves> documenting what we investigated is good for other people to find out where we are coming from once we have a solution
<raphael> +1 for documentation
sorry, for whom?
<scribe> ACTION: Davy and Erik to document container formats [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/10/08-mediafrag-minutes.html#action02]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-3 - And Erik to document container formats [on Davy Van Deursen - due 2008-10-15].
Erik: In-context / Out-of-context
<raphael> The wiki section is badly phrased, should be rephrased
<Yves> the difference between a fragment and a complete resource (which can be a part of something bigger), depends mostly on the way we identify the fragment
Erik: Representation and
... URI Fragment / URI Query
<raphael> thanks Silvia, most appreaciated you took this action
<Yves> I would note that ';' is another separator that ca be useful here
<scribe> ACTION: Silvia to flesh out how far can we go with a hash URI regarding the interaction between the UA and the server [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/10/08-mediafrag-minutes.html#action03]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-4 - Flesh out how far can we go with a hash URI regarding the interaction between the UA and the server [on Silvia Pfeiffer - due 2008-10-15].
Erik: Fragment Name and Description
Raphael and Silvia agree on non-semantics of the labels
Erik: Status of a Media Fragment
<raphael> Problem with ? is that the query is a new resource, or at least no formal connexion between the fragment and the parent resource
<raphael> Yves, can you put on IRC the link of the draft you're talking about?
<raphael> Yves, would you like to take an action for checking the status of ';' in a URI?
<raphael> Silvia: ByteRanges has advantages (cachable, proxies, etc.) and I'm all for the '#' but 8 years ago, I found the limit of the hash URI
<scribe> ACTION: Yves to check the status of ';' in a URI [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/10/08-mediafrag-minutes.html#action04]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-5 - Check the status of ';' in a URI [on Yves Lafon - due 2008-10-15].
<raphael> Yves notes that defining a range unit as as easy as defining a new header
<raphael> +1 for learning how RTSP fragments work
Sivia: my in-line action here is well covered
Erik: Server, Caches and Proxies
Silvia: would be nice to find a
... however, seems not too realistic
<raphael> Silvia: would propose to cover HTTP (+ HTTPs, FTP)
Erik: going through UCs
Raphael: working on the Map and
Multi Resolution UC
... zoomify providing input
Erik: put logistics and agenda for second F2F in Gent are online
<raphael> Logisitics page: http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/GhentLogistic
<raphael> IMPORTANT: book your hotel before Nov 8th for getting the discount !!!
Silvia: file upload enabled?