Logistics 2nd F2F Meeting @ IBBT Ghent
We made a group reservation for three nights (08/12-10/12) within the following hotel:
price per night: 106.05 € (single room) or 118.05 € (double room)
- Reservations must be made individually via email H0961-RE@accor.com or via fax (+32 9 233 10 00) with reference "W3C Ghent" (credit card number + expiry date will be asked as guarantee). Preferences like internet access, breakfast, non smoking room, etc. must be mentioned as well at the moment of reservation.
- The reservation deadline for the IBIS Cathedral in Ghent is November 8th. Afterwards, the rooms will be booked at availability as the block reservation then holds to exist.
IBBT (Google Maps: IBBT)
Gaston Crommenlaan 8, bus 102
Floor 1 (lefthandside of elevator, meeting rooms Atari & BeBox)
How to get to ...
Ghent from Brussels Airport
The closest airport to Ghent is Zaventem National Airport.
- The easiest way getting to Ghent is by taxi (+32 9 222 22 22): prices for transport between Ghent and Zavemtem National Airport vary from 90€ (standard car, up to 4 people) to 110€ (minibus, up tot 8 people), ordering during office hour is recommended.
- The cheapest way getting to Ghent is by railway from Zaventem National Airport to Gent Sint-Pieters. Railway Company Info: time tables and other information can be found when entering from ‘BRUXELLES NAT AIRPORT’ to ‘GENT SINT PIETERS’. The ride takes approximately 1 hour, "one way" costs about 10€ and there are trains almost every 10 minutes.
Ghent from Amsterdam Airport
- The cheapest way getting to Ghent from Holland is by railway from Schiphol Airport to Gent Sint-Pieters. Railway Company Info: time tables and other information can be found when entering from ‘SCHIPHOL AIRPORT’ to ‘GENT SINT PIETERS’ using the 'international' option. The ride takes approximately 3 hours, "one way" costs about 40€ and the latest train arriving the same day departs around 20:00.
With public transportation from railway station Gent Sint-Pieters to IBIS Cathedral hotel: by taxi (+32 9 222 22 22) or by trolley (number 4 to stop Belfort or to stop Korenmarkt, followed by a 0.4 km walk to the hotel)
The meeting will be held in the IBBT-headquarters at Gaston Crommenlaan 8, bus 102 at Ghent-Ledeberg. Again trolley line 4 is the most suitable: drive till stop Ledeberg, Hundelgemsesteemweg, Jacques Eggermontstraat. You are now in walking distance from IBBT.