XML Security Specifications Maintenance Working Group Teleconference

18 Mar 2008


See also: IRC log


HalLockhart, RobMiller, SeanMullan, ShivaramMysore, BruceRich, EdSimon, PHallamBaker, PratikDatta, FrederickHirsch, ThomasRoessler, JohnWray
Frederick Hirsch
Pratik Datta



<fjh> charter - http://www.w3.org/2008/02/xmlsec-charter.html

<tlr> no more changes, please! ;-)

rdmiller is going to scribe next week

tlr: charter should get out really soon now

fjh: plenary in october

<fjh> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-xmlsec-maintwg/2008Feb/0007.html

fjh: our group won't exit

--- questionaire when will be the follow up group like to meet

<tlr> http://www.flickr.com/photos/roessler/107144618/

scribe: WSC may be a conflict, WAF may be too

fjh: Monday and Tuesday should be ok

review WAF document

<fjh> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-xmlsec-maintwg/2008Mar/0001.html

<fjh> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-xmlsec-maintwg/2008Mar/0002.html

hal: will send comments to waf about v3 certs

fjh: will send messsage to WS-I BSP

hal: send a message to Paul at first

<fjh> minutes http://www.w3.org/2008/02/26-xmlsec-minutes.html

hal: then send a message to the list after we go public

RESOLUTION: meeting minutes from 26 Feb approved

XML Signature 2nd edition

FIPS references

<tlr> actually, the link checker noticed

<tlr> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/2008Mar/0003.html

<tlr> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/2008Mar/0000.html

<tlr> 0003.html is Oracle's response, 0000.html is Frederick's message.

fjh: one document added DSA algorithm, second added to more hash algorithms

<tlr> brich: we don't see any isuse with changing the reference

<tlr> fjh: on list?

<tlr> brich: think I did that

<tlr> fjh: sean, anything from you?

<tlr> sean: double-checking internally, should have answer later today

hal: don't see any changes in the last eight years

tlr: this is a relatively old change

hal: last change is Oct 5th 2001
... this should not be any issue to somebody with their own crypto toolkit or buying a crypto toolkit
... in general they are going to phase out SHA1

sean: would know by end of today

<tlr> PROPOSED: go ahead with change unless objections by e-mail at close of business Eastern tomorrow (19 March)

<tlr> RESOLUTION: Accept FIPS reference changes unless objections by e-mail at close of business Eastern tomorrow (19 March)

testcase document

fjh: action item with tlr

best practices

hal: this week will post a few notes

<tlr> no process problem with that

fjh: actions 147 and 148 are still open

<EdS> Ed: Please keep me updated re the EXI work when you hear back from JCC.

Summary of Action Items

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.133 (CVS log)
$Date: 2008/04/01 13:08:55 $