See also: IRC log
<emma> Previous: 2011-08-18 http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/08/18-lld-minutes.html
<antoine> Scribe: Gordon
<antoine> Scribenick: GordonD
Resolved: To accept minutes of previous meeting
<scribe> ACTION: Tom to post an announcement to the list that comment period has ended [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/08/18-lld-minutes.html#action03] [DONE]
<scribe> ACTION: Tom and Antoine to draft acknowledgements. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/08/18-lld-minutes.html#action06] [DONE]
Antoine: We added acknowledgements to reviewers and CKAN curators
Tom: William was a CKAN curator, too
Antoine: List of contributors to use-case deliverable (deliverable B) is quite long.
Tom: Propose to put the list into acknowledgements.
Karen: What is key are the names
of those who contributed the use cases.
... No need to have specific members of the group mentioned, as everyone did some work.
<emma> +1 for listing cluster editors
Antoine: So we have an acknowledgement section, and then the individual contributions
RESOLUTION: To have Daniel as editor, and an acknowledgements section that lists the use case editors and individual contributors.
Antoine: For deliverable A (main deliverable), do we acknowledge just the editors, or all members of the group?
Emma: Does this include group members who have carried out reviews?
Antoine: Should include all significant contributions.
<Zakim> tbaker, you wanted to propose that we list contributors in Acknowledgements
<pmurray> +1 for at end and in paragraph form
Karen: Acknowledgments shouldn't break up text; should go in a separate section.
<rsinger> +1 here too
<rsinger> otherwise it's like a musical, where the audience claps after every number
<tbaker> +1 to post draft acknowledgements to list before finalizing
<michaelp> +1 for a paragraph at the end, like the Provenance XG final report did: http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/prov/XGR-prov-20101214/
Karen: Need to ensure we acknowledge everyone who warrants it.
<michaelp> Don't we have to stick with W3C format, where editors are on top?
Tom: Preference is to follow Provenance XG style: list editors, then a separate acknowledgments section somewhere (not necessarily at end), whatever W3C indicates.
Antoine: We are probably ok with either editors listed at top of report, or included with other group members in acknowledgments.
<kcoyle> I don't feel strongly one way or the other
<rsinger> yeah, i can't say i care that much
<emma> I dont mind either ;-)
<jeff_> I don't have an opinion
<Zakim> emma, you wanted to suggest we look at this when the report is in definitive form
Tom: Usual for editors to be given; we should list all those actively involved.
Antoine: We should ask for advice from W3C colleagues; default is long list of editors.
<scribe> ACTION: Chair to solicit feedback from W3C contacts regarding the editor list issue. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/08/25-lld-minutes.html#action03]
<antoine> Executive summary: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld/2011Aug/0041.html
Emma: Exec summary is short enough to be in just one part, with no internal divisions.
<tbaker> +1 to keep the summary as one block
<scribe> ACTION: Karen, Tom, Michael, and Gordon to write the executive summary [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/07/21-lld-minutes.html#action05] [DONE]
<Zakim> tbaker, you wanted to propose that we give copy editors latitude to make improvements
<rsinger> no objection
<kcoyle> and we need to fix capitalization, etc.
<michaelp> +1 to give copy editors latitude to smooth things
<antoine> I've just fixed the summary: http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/ExecutiveSummary
<scribe> ACTION: Karen and Emma to write a sentence in Scope adding cultural and memory institutions together in some way [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/07/07-lld-minutes.html#action03] [DONE]
<tbaker> +1 looks good
<scribe> ACTION: Ross to propose sentence in Benefits about sum being more than the parts [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/08/18-lld-minutes.html#action07] [DONE]
<tbaker> +1 ross, nice result!
<kcoyle> and very good, thanks ross!
<rsinger> no, thanks karen and tom
<rsinger> very good improvements
Daniel: Use Case report: Most of Emma's comments on use cases have been actioned.
<emma> the table looks good !
<pmurray> This is good. I like the higher-level overview.
<marcia> Very good table and overview
Daniel: Deliverable will close tomorrow, so last chance for further comments.
<kcoyle> looks good
<emma> +1 for tables and finishing the deliverable tomorrow
Daniel: Table approach will be extended to all clusters.
<kcoyle> it may be different when html'd
<kcoyle> we could do it as two columns
<kcoyle> two sets of columns
Antoine: Table may be too long.
<pmurray> This structure looks fine to me. I think it is a clear overview.
Tom: Clarify: there is one table per cluster, and the example is the longest.
Antoine: Just realized HTML version will benefit from numbering of sections.
<jneubert> +1 to numbering
<dvilasuero> +1 to numbering
<pmurray> Yeah, we can adjust the numbering in the static HTML version.
<Zakim> tbaker, you wanted to point out that References need to be deleted and replaced
Tom: Wiki reference links need to be replaced with URLs.
<scribe> ACTION: Emma to review Use Cases and make comments [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/07/07-lld-minutes.html#action07] [DONE]
<tbaker> thanks for the great work, Daniel!
Daniel: Thank you to Emmanuelle for the very helpful comments.
<dvilasuero> thanks everyone
Antoine: And thanks to Daniel.
<scribe> ACTION: Chairs, Karen, Peter to migrate wiki content to HTML after wiki content is frozen on 25 August call [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/08/18-lld-minutes.html#action16]
<Zakim> tbaker, you wanted to point out that Jodi is part of that team now too
<pmurray> Sounds good.
Tom: We can continue to use Zakim
in the Thursday slot; suggest report converters use this for
... I will take lead for this activity.
<scribe> ACTION: Chairs to prepare press release with W3C [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/08/18-lld-minutes.html#action17]
Emma: Can use format generally used in previous W3C press releases.
<Zakim> tbaker, you wanted to address the issue of application profiles - http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld/2011Aug/0134.html
Tom: References to application
profiles in the report are somewhat confused, and should be
... a substantial change; proposed in email.
Jeff: Is there a better term to use instead of application profile?
<Zakim> tbaker, you wanted to say I don't think the problem is with the term "application profile"
<marcia> Tom's comments at: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld/2011Aug/0134.html
Tom: The problem is that the concept is not related to alignments (where it is currently referenced), but it is related closely to re-use of elements.
<michaelp> +1 to Tom's explanation
Antoine: I will send some comments on the proposals via email immediately after this call, and allow an additional day of discussion.
Antoine: No objections to proposal to rename Linking issues section.
<marcia> fine either way
Jeff: No objection.
<tbaker> "Semantic interoperability of vocabularies"?
Michael: "Interoperability" better than "Alignment"?
Antoine: Will ensure alignment is appropriately defined in the report.
<marcia> yes, we need another day to clear this up
<Zakim> tbaker, you wanted to suggest we need a day to clear this up too...
Antoine: Various tasks to complete, but nothing significant.
Antoine: Little new to report; no strong leadership at this moment.
<pmurray> We may want to see reaction to the report before seeing if there is a desire for a community group.
Antoine: This was the final official telecon. We will continue over the next few weeks to finish off the report.
<emma> one last comment : thank you everyone !!!!
Antoine: Fantastic work has been done; thank you everyone.
<dvilasuero> thank you very much everyone!!!
<marcia> A great team and a great year. Thanks the leaders and thank you everyone!!!
<emma> great time working with you all
<jeff_> Thanks to everyone, especially the chairs!
<tbaker> Thank you everyone!!
<pmurray> Great to see the conclusion. I think this will be a landmark report.
Antoine: I hope we keep in touch ...
<rsinger> yes, definitely - thanks so much chairs and everyone
<michaelp> Great thanks to the chairs for shepherding the group!
<tbaker> I think we're done!
<marcia> Keep in touch! bye
<jneubert> Thank all of you, and especially to the people working on the final steps