W3C | TAG | Previous: 20 Oct teleconference | Next: 3 Nov 2003 teleconference

Agenda of 27 October 2003 TAG teleconference

Nearby: Teleconference details issues list (handling new issues) www-tag archive

Note: The Chair does not expect the agenda to change after close of business (Boston time) Thursday of this week.

1. Administrative (15min)

  1. Welcome, Roll call. Regrets: TB, IJ. PC at risk
  2. Accept the minutes of the 20 Oct teleconference?
  3. Accept this agenda?
  4. Next meeting: 3 Nov 2003 teleconference

Upcoming meeting topics:

1.1 TAG update at Nov 2003 AC meeting.

  1. Completd action DO, CL 2003/10/20: Produce draft slides for AC presentation; for discussion at 27 Oct teleconference. (done)

1.2 TAG Nov face-to-face meeting agenda

1.3 New issues list deployed

Completed action IJ 2003/02/06: Modify issues list to show that actions/pending are orthogonal to decisions. (done)

IJ will be happy to demo this at next week's meeting. Until then, some handy links:

Note: For the moment, W3C is serving the results of the sorting functions as application/xml instead of application/xhtml+xml. As a result, some of the sorting features do not work properly with Internet Explorer on Windows, which will only handle the content properly if served as text/html.

2. Technical (75min)

  1. Review of 3023-related actions
  2. Review of Architecture Document writing assignments
  3. XML Versioning

2.1 Review of 3023-related actions

Actions 2003/10/08:
- NW to liaise with Paul Grosso and the XML Core WG
- TBL and DC to liaise with the IETF regarding obsoleting RFC 3023.
- TB to talk to authors of 3023 about inclusion as appendix in xml 1.1.
- TBL and DC will talk to the Architecture Domain Lead.
Action CL 2003/10/20: Draft update to 3023 for review by the TAG (on www-tag).

2.2 Review of Architecture Document writing assignments

Latest draft is the 1 Oct 2003 WD of the Arch Doc.

TimBray
  1. Completed action TB 2003/10/08: Write up a paragraph for section 3 on syntax-based interoperability. (done). See also comments from Mike Champion
  2. Completed action TB 2003/10/08: Write a paragraph of rationale for why error handling good in the context of the Web. (done)
  3. Completed action TB 2003/10/08: Propose a revised paragraph to replace the "Furthermore" sentence in section 2.3 (done)
Ian
  1. Action IJ 2003/10/08: Add ed note to abstract that the abstract will be rewritten.
  2. Action IJ 2003/10/08: Starting from DO's diagram, create a diagram where the relationships and terms are linked back to the context where defined. Ensure that the relationships are in fact used in the narrative; any gaps identified? With DO, work on term relationship diagram.
  3. Action IJ 2003/10/08: Draft good practice note for 4.4.
  4. Action IJ 2003/10/08: In 2.4, add story that shows how two classes of error can arise (inconsistency v. no frag id semantics defined). Frame story in terms of secondary resources.
  5. Action IJ 2003/10/08: Split persistency section into two and move http redirection para there, with appropriate rewrites.
  6. Action IJ 2003/10/08: Update OWL ref since in CR
  7. Action IJ 2003/10/08: Add a future work section for identifiers that the TAG expects to summarize various URI schemes and what agents can infer from the scheme.
David
  1. Action DO,NW 2003/10/08: Make the summary to replace 4.5 Extensibility and Versioning in the arch doc
Chris
  1. Action CL 2003/07/21: Discuss and propose improved wording of language regarding SVG spec in bulleted list in 2.5.1.
Norm
  1. Completed action NW 2003/10/08: Write up text on information hiding/abstraction respect for before 2/3/4. (done)
  2. Action NW 2003/10/08: Revise QName finding. We will also add those two good practice notes to section 2:
    1. If you use Qnames, provide a mapping to URIs.
    2. Don't define an attribute that can take either a URI or a Qname since they are not syntactically distinguishable."
  3. Completed action NW 2003/10/08: Rewrite the last paragraph of 4.9.2 to be less inflammatory about DTDs (done)
  4. Completed action NW 2003/10/08: Massage three paragraphs following good practice note about persistency at beginning of 2.6. (done)
Roy
  1. Action RF 2003/10/08: Explain "identifies" in RFC 2396.
TBL
  1. Action TBL 2003/07/14: Suggest changes to section about extensibility related to "when to tunnel".
DC
  1. Action DC 2003/07/21: Propose language for section 2.8.5 showing examples of freenet and other systems. Progress; see URISchemes/freenet

2.3 XML Versioning

Current draft is 3 Oct 2003 finding


The TAG does not expect to cover these issues

2.5 Findings

See also TAG findings home page.

2.2.1 Expected new findings


Ian Jacobs for Stuart Williams and TimBL
Last modified: $Date: 2003/10/25 19:55:13 $