W3C | TAG | Previous: 1 Jul | Next: 15 July

Agenda for 8 July 2002 TAG teleconference

Nearby: Teleconference details issues list www-tag archive

Note: The Chair does not expect the agenda to change after close of business (Boston time) Thursday of this week.

1. Administrative (15min)

  1. Confirm scribe
  2. Roll call. Regrets: TBL
  3. Accept this agenda
  4. Next meeting? Proposed 15 July.
  5. Accept 1 July minutes
  6. Accept summary of TAG activity in June?
  7. Confirm status of completed actions
  8. Confirm status of withdrawn actions [None]
  9. Quorum rules?
  10. Prioritization of issues?

1.2 Completed actions?

  1. Action IJ: Publish architecture document, asking in particular for input on issue httpRange-14. Done.
  2. Action SW: Respond to XMLP WG on behalf of TAG. Done.

2. Technical (75min)

2.1 Findings in progress, architecture document (45min)

See also: findings.

  1. Architecture document
    1. ACTION IJ 2002/03/18: Integrate/combine one-page summaries (Revised 1 July)
    2. ACTION TBL 2002/05/05: Negotiate more of IJ time for arch doc
    3. ACTION RF 2002/06/24: Write a paragraph on technical and political aspects of URIs and URI References.
  2. Internet Media Type registration, consistency of use
    1. ACTION DC: research the bug in the svg diagram. There are two votes to remove the diagram (DC and TB).
    2. ACTION NW 2002/06/24: Produce PNG version of image as well.
  3. Qnames as identifiers
    1. Action NW 2002/06/24: Follow up on Rick Jelliffe comments/proposal.
  4. Consistency of Formatting Property Names, Values, and Semantics
    1. Status of discussion about this finding?

2.2 Priority issues (30min)

  1. httpRange-14: Need to make progress here to advance in Arch Document.
  2. uriMediaType-9: Status of negotiation with IETF? See message from DanC.
    TBL: Now there is an RFC for URNs. Sounds like IETF is moving towards URNs and aren't interested in using URIs for media types
  3. Status of URIEquivalence-15. Relation to Character Model of the Web (chapter 4)? See text from TimBL on URI canonicalization and email from Martin in particular.
  4. Status of discussions with WSA WG about SOAP/WSDL/GET/Query strings?
  5. augmentedInfoset-22
    1. ACTION DC 2002/06/17: Talk to XML Schema WG about PSVI. Report to tag, who expects to decide whether to add as an issue next week. Done (email to Schema WG).
  6. RFC3023Charset-21

2.3 New issues?

  1. Bad practice: Overriding HTTP content-type with a URI reference.See email from TBL.
  2. "Deep linking illegal" bad practice? See email from Tim Bray.

Ian Jacobs, for TimBL
Last modified: $Date: 2002/07/05 17:34:48 $