W3C | TAG | Previous teleconference: 13 September | Next teleconference: 4 October

TAG face-to-face meeting, 20-22 September 2005, Edinburgh, Scotland

Nearby: issues list (handling new issues) - findings - www-tag archive - tag archive - pending actions

The TAG in Edinburgh

The TAG in Playfair Library Hall, Old College, University of Edinburgh
Left to right: Henry Thompson, Norm Walsh, Dave Orchard, Vincent Quint, Tim Berners-Lee, Dan Connolly, Roy Fielding, Noah Mendelsohn



1. Logistics

The meeting will be hosted by Human Communication Research Centre, School of Informatics, University of Edinburgh

HCRC Conference Suite
4 Buccleuch Place
Edinburgh EH8 9LW, UK.

For assistance, contact either Henry Thompson (+44 (0)131 650-4440) or HCRC admin Melissa Davies (+44 (0)131 650-4629).

More info on the Local Arrangements page.

Tuesday 20 September: 9:00 - 17:00 -- reception and dinner with dean and principal (18:30)
Wednesday 21 September: 8:30 - 17:00 -- group dinner
Thursday 22 September: 8:30 - 17:00

2. Administrative

Tuesday, 9:00

  1. Convene, take roll, review agenda (10 min.)

    Regrets: Ed Rice

    Appoint scribes for the three days

    Approve minutes of last teleconference

    Accept this agenda?

  2. Update on future f2f meetings (10 min.)

    Current status:

    Propose dates and location for June 2006?

    Meeting in Tokyo after AC meeting, (planned 29 Nov. - 1 Dec. 2006)?

  3. TAG presentation at AC meeting (29 Nov - 1 Dec 2005, Montreal)

3. Technical discussions

[Refer to preparatory discussions of 23 August, 30 August]

The technical discussions have two main goals

3.1 New directions

[Tuesday morning and part of Tuesday afternoon]

Review the main priorities we set out in our last F2F

Review which open issues are tied to each of those priorities

Review priorities from Jun ftf -- Refer to discussion of 21 June, discussion of Cambridge f2f

3.2 The Grid

[Tuesday, 2nd half of the morning]

Discussion with Grid experts:

Introduction by D. Snelling: "What is a Grid Resource?"

3.3 Authentication in the web

See discussion on security at the June f2f, Dan's writing assignments

3.4 Issues list clean up

What is the status of some (old) issues?

3.5 Issue abstractComponentRefs-37

Recent discussions: 22 Feb 2005, 3 May 2005, 16 Jun 2005

3.6 Issue XMLVersioning-41

See latest draft findings from DO and NW:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2004Nov/att-0071/versioning-part1.html http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2004Nov/att-0071/versioning-part2.html

3.7 Issue namespaceDocument-8

Try to get closure.

HT to track progress of #int in the XML Schema namespace document in the XML Schema WG [6 Sep 05].

Henry has paper in progress that's relevant to a number of issues/actions on languages/namespaces/etc.

See discussion of 28 June.

3.8 Issue endPointRefs-47

Refer to recent discussions: 24 Jan 2005, 29 Mar 2005, 5 Apr 2005, 19 Apr 2005

3.9 Issue nameSpaceState-48

Try to get closure

New draft finding: The Disposition of Names in an XML Namespace, from Norm

See also URIs for W3C Namespaces, section 4

3.10 Issue standardizedFieldValues-51

DanC to write an update on issue standardizedFieldValues-51 and microformats [6 Sep 05]

3.11 Issue schemeProtocols-49

Sooner or later we'll have to either up the priority or drop it. not a high priority for this agenda. See June f2f, 28 June, 23 Aug

[URNsAndRegistries-50 not for f2f]

3.12 URI schemes

Certain vendors seem to invent a new URI scheme for each new service.

What could the TAG do about this?

4. Closing

Date of next telcon: propose Tuesday 27 September 2005 -- Scribe, Regrets

Vincent Quint for TAG
$Revision: 1.39 $ of $Date: 2005/10/11 13:35:20 $ by $Author: connolly $