W3C | TAG | Previous: 05-07 October F2F | Next: 27 October Telcon

Agenda of 18th October 2004 TAG teleconference

Nearby: Teleconference details - issues list (handling new issues) - www-tag archive

1. Administrative (15 mins)

  1. Roll call. Regrets: None
  2. Meeting Records
    1. Update on minutes of the 9-11 August f2f
    2. Accept minutes of 5th-7th October F2F
    3. ACTION CL: Chris collect IRC logs from last f2f ( cf pointers for assembling meeting minutes of 11 Aug) and turn into minutes.
  3. Accept this agenda? Continue these without discussion:

1.1 TAG Charter (10 mins max!)

DONE: ACTION SW: get a timescale from Ian about charter revision and availability

  1. Does the TAG have a concensus view on the draft of the revised TAG charter (member visible)

    Proposal: The TAG welcomes the revisions proposed in the draft TAG Charter. (member visible)

2. Technical (75 min)

See also open actions by owner and open issues.

2.1 Review of 2nd Last Call Document (30-45mins)

  1. Generalised Representations: DONE: ACTION NM: to take a run through to see how generalizing 'representation' to be less constrained would look with more careful terminology, report on whether this looks feasible or not.: see draft of Thu, 14 Oct 2004 15:01:12 -0400
  2. report from the editor:
  3. Note LC#2 Actions done (close the threads that we can close!)

    DONE: ACTION DC: make sure "web faster" doesn't bother the chair next time he's doing an agenda. DONE: ACTION NDW: to note this thread [closed] in the archive per msg from gk. DONE: ACTION SW: to respond to Pat Hayes giving proposed resolution of Information Resource

  4. LC#2 Status Open Threads Revision: 1.5 of Date: 2004/09/28 17:18:44 [Trimmed snapshot]

    [Must visit: [1,3], 7, 20]

    1. "information resource"
    2. non-authoritative syntaxes for fragment identifiers
    3. new text for Information Resource (section 3.1)
    4. resources/representations [was: random comments on 2nd LC of WebArch] resources/representations [was: random comments on 2nd LC of WebArch]
    5. too positive on extensibility [was: random comments on 2nd LC of WebArch] too positive on extensibility [was: random comments on 2nd LC of WebArch]
    6. section 2.2 - what does it mean to 'take on meaning'
    7. Use of "assign" for URI -> resource
    8. Comments from the QA WG on WebArch 2nd LC (extensibility)
    9. Cyberspace analogous to set of all sets: URIs & URLs
    10. Representation of a secondary resource?
    11. KD 002 [was: Comments on Web Arch WD - 2004-07-05]
    12. [Tim Bray] Review of webarch-20040816
    13. KD 004 [was: Comments on Web Arch WD - 2004-07-05]
    14. URIs and resources (Was: AWWW, 20040816 release, sections 1 and 2) URIs and resources (Was: AWWW, 20040816 release, sections 1 and 2)
    15. HTML WG last call comment on http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/WD-webarch-20040816/
    16. Editorial comments on 28 Sep 2004 Editor's Draft of Web Arch
    17. Re: too positive on extensibility [was: random comments on 2nd LC of WebArch]
    18. Late last-call comment on AWWW
    19. Some thoughts on effective access to "primary" vs "secondary" resources, consistency of descriptions, and bootstrapping the semantic web...
    20. KD005 thru KD016: Comments on Web Arch WD - 2004-07-05


  1. 1st Last Call issues list (sorted by section)
  2. 1st Last Call Annotated version of WebArch
  3. List of actions by TAG participant
  4. 2nd Last Call WD
  5. Archive of public-webarch-comment
  6. 2nd Last Call Comments Tracking page


2.2 Continue review of open issues

Review will continue starting with siteDate-36

2.2.1 status of Action Item status

Report on completed actions.

ACTION DC: with Norm, develop a finding on httpRange-14 starting with the HashSlashDuality text
ACTION CONTINUES: Chris: Write up a summary of the resolutionhttp://www.w3.org/2004/05/14-tag-summary.html#fragmentInXML-28
ACTION Norm: Get XML Core WG to take on XMLProfiles-29
ACTION: Norm to add xbc use cases to binaryXML-30
ACTION Chris: Review the connection between the use cases and the taxomony on Chris's note
ACTION Stuart revise finding (well overdue).
ACTION Paul find out what happened to DaveO's action item there.
ACTION Norm update the issues list to point to "The W3C Workshop on Web Applications and Compound Documentshttp://www.w3.org/2004/04/webapps-cdf-ws/summary"
ACTION timbl take another stab at specifying the problem
ACTION NDW: to report workplan and dates for Extensibilty and Versioning work..
ACTION PC: solicit QA WG review of draft extensibility/versioning finding

The TAG does not expect to discuss issues below this line.

3. Status report on these findings

See also TAG findings

Stuart Williams for TAG
$Revision: 1.13 $ of $Date: 2004/10/15 19:26:22 $