From W3C Wiki
SWEO Community Project: Linking Open Data on the Seamntic Web
This page collects software tools that can be used to publish RDF as Linked Data or as SPARQL endpoints on the Semantic Web.
The page is part of the community project SweoIG/TaskForces/CommunityProjects/LinkingOpenData
- D2R Server D2R Server is a tool for publishing relational databases on the Semantic Web. The server enables RDF and HTML browsers to navigate the content of non-RDF databases, and allows applications to query the database using the SPARQL query language.
- Linked Media Framework is an easy-to-setup Linked Data server. Beside of exposing dereferencable URIs, the server also provides a Semantic Search service and a SPARQL endpoint.
- Joseki Joseki is an HTTP engine that supports the SPARQL Protocol and the SPARQL RDF Query language. Joseki Features: RDF Data from files and databases, HTTP (GET and POST) implementation of the SPARQL protocol.
- Virtuoso Universal Server provides a SPARQL server, an fast RDF store and relational database to RDF mapping.
- Pubby is a publishing tool which enables you to add a Linked Data interface on top of SPARQL endpoints.
- Elda is a publishing tool which enables you to add a Linked Data interface on top of SPARQL endpoints. Elda is an implementation of the Linked Data API.
- Paget is a small PHP framework for publishing linked data developed by Ian Davis. Can serve up data from static files or SPARQL endpoints
- OAI2LOD Server can be used to expose OAI-PMH compliant metadata repositories according to the Linked Data guidelines. It makes things and media objects accessible via HTTP URIs and query able via the SPARQL protocol.
- METAmorphoses relational DB-to-RDF transformation and publishing tool written in PHP
- Triplify is a small plugin for Web applications, which reveals the semantic structures encoded in relational databases by making database content available as RDF, JSON or Linked Data.
- Linked Data API The API is intended to be a middle-ware layer that can be deployed in-front of a SPARQL endpoint, providing the ability to create a RESTful data access layer for accessing the RDF data contained in the triple store.
People Interested in the Area
- Richard Cyganiak
- Chris Bizer
- Orri Erling
- Andy Seaborne