- Non-Tech Intro
- Enterprise Intros (non-technical)
- Enterprise Intros (technical)
- Beginners' Technical Intros
- RDF Tools
- Sem Web Enabling
- Tutorials for Specific Technologies
- Miscellaneous Tutorials
- To Do list
If you know of good material, please add a link in the appropriate category. If you would personally recommend a particular document, please add your name by it (feel free to add links you're not sure about, and change your mind as more links appear). Provisional target is 3 really good docs in each category, not including specs.
If you believe the categories need changing (revising or new categories adding) please add a comment here.
Once we have tutorials and are happy with our list, we can upload it to REASE who then will do a ../ReaseForSweo portal
(in response to todo list) @@In doing so, consider using a combination of the categories, as:
- Overview of vision (non-technical)
- Details of vision (technical)
- RDF (and XML)
- OWL (and Ontologies)
- Enablement and usage (GRDDL, SPARQL...)
General non-technical introductions to the Semantic Web
- The Meaning and Future of the Semantic Web (Nova Spivack - quite long, a fairly personal view)
- Semantics and the Web (Adrian Walker - quite long, also a fairly personal view)
Enterprise Intros (non-technical)
What do Semantic Web technologies bring to an enterprise?
- Business Model for the Semantic Web - a timbl Design Issue
- Use of a particular semantic technology in the oil industry
- Video with sound showing extensible English question answering over a database of 30,000 drugs and their interactions
Enterprise Intros (technical)
How can existing enterprise applications & services benefit from Semantic Web technologies?
Beginners' Technical Intros
Beginners' guide for the Semantic Web (technical).
(giving pointers to RDF-primer, cool-uris, linked data, RDFS-primer, OWL)
- The Semantic Web: An Introduction This document is designed as being a simple but comprehensive introductory publication for anybody trying to get into the Semantic Web: from beginners through to long time hackers. Recommended pre-reading: the Semantic Web in Breadth.
- Linked Data - timbl's Design Issue (DannyAyers)
- What is RDF and what is it good for? - part of Joshua Tauberer's rdf:about collection (DannyAyers)
- Semantic Web Tutorial Using N3
- Introduction to the Semantic Web - Ivan Herman
- An Introduction to RDF and the Jena RDF API (category ok?)
- Deploying Web-Scale Mash-ups by Linking Microformats and the Semantic Web
Which RDF tool to use?
the most popular tools, jena, sesame, 3store, how to visualize it using treehugger or fresnel, etc
- Developers Guide to Semantic Web Toolkits for different Programming Languages - Chris Bizer's list (DannyAyers)
- Sweet Tools - Mike Bergman's Exhibit list (DannyAyers)
Sem Web Enabling
How to extend your Web (2.0) application to the Semantic Web...
Web 2.0 => Web 3.0!
Tutorials for Specific Technologies
- Ontology Development 101: A Guide to Creating your First Ontology This document is an ontology-development tutorial geared towards a novice user without any computer science or artificial intelligence experience. It presents the main concepts in ontologies, gives examples, and discusses common pitfalls and errors a...
TODO - check which of the below are proprietary, classify
- A Wiki for writing and running executable English rules over RDF and other data
- Internet Business Logic over distributed SQL data
- How to Publish Linked Data (Pubby)
- Deploying Linked Data (Virtuoso)
- SPARQL spec contains many examples
- SQL-RDF (Virtuoso)
anything that doesn't fit elsewhere
- Ontologies for Biomedicine - How to make and use them
- Description Logics course - Franconi's material
@@TODO check these out:
- check listings on del.icio.us
The projects REWERSE and Knowledge Web developed a repository for learning units, called REASE (http://rease.semanticweb.org) There you can find educational material as well as educational acivities for the Semantic Web. There are different material types such as case studies, tutorials or presentations targeted not only to industry. (Dunja)
- figure out how to incorporate slides & A/V material
- * Ivan's Slides
- * check out audio visual material around here : http://www.semantic-conference.com/2007/recordings/ASX/0522/1145/SixWeeksToTheSemanticWeb.asx
- Check out http://biopaxwiki.org/cgi-bin/moin.cgi/
- integrate material from SWBP&D WG Semantic Web Tutorials
please ignore CSS