From W3C Wiki
Task Lead - Orri Erling
Vertical Follow-Up Questionnaires
This page contains ideas for follow up questions for specific SWEO audiences.
- Do you have significant need for combining data from heterogenous sources?
- Do you operate a data warehouse combining periodic batch feeds from different systems?
- Do you have applications directly connecting to different RDBMS's?
- Do you use business process orchestration, as in BPEL or other enterprise application bus technologies?
- How do you rate the agility and maintainability of your data and application integration?
- Do you operate web services end points for use by partners or the public?
- Do you see a need for making more of your information systems queriable for software agents outside of the firewall?
- Do you see any benefits in introducing a semantic layer for homogenizing the terminology and structures of disparate relational schemas, XML documents etc?
- Do you use tagging? In the applications you develop? In the applications you use (Technorati, del.icio.us etc.)
- What are the application scenarios you feel cannot be adequately addressed by
tagging plus full text search, if any?
- Do you encounter issues, either as a user or developer, with information overload? Is there some needed
classification of incoming information that a combination of tags and spam filtetering does not do?"
- Do your applications do web scraping, parsing of appluication specific HTML or such?
- Do you use GRDDL or similar formats? Produce or consume?
- How would you like to consume RDF information in your applications? Through a database-like API, such as the PHP MySQL client? Through a SPARQL protocol end point? As RDF files parsed and processed locally?