From W3C Wiki


Social Web Working Group Teleconference

17 May 2016

See also: IRC log


tantek, aaronpk, shevski, sandro, eprodrom, ben_thatmust, annbass, Arnaud, KevinMarks, rhiaro
annbass, tantek


<tantek> scribenick: annbass


tantek: seeking approval of minutes ..


<sandro> +1

<ben_thatmust> +1

<cwebber2 is only on phone; new apt doesn't have internet yet>

<aaronpk> +1

<eprodrom> +1


scribe: upcoming F2F .. note the dates changed to Mon-Tues
... due to flights, changed ending time on Tues to 5pm

<tantek> scribenick: tantek

annbass: looks like I cannot come to the meeting
... not totally confirmed, but likely

<scribe> scribenick: annbass

tantek: F2F logistics ..


tantek: attendees should add their food preferences, arrival info, hotels, etc

<aaronpk> sorry we will miss you ann!

(I know .. I was really looking to come; easy trip for me)

<KevinMarks> I'll be remote I think

<shevski> I don't think I will

tantek: asking shevski, arnaud and kevin if they're coming to F2F

<KevinMarks> don't have funding fro travel at the moment


<shevski> me neither :-/

tantek: sorry to hear that kevin and shevski...

shevski -- let me know if anyone has funding to provide! (from London)

tantek ... that's it for F2F .. everyone should add their info to planning page

Webmention CR status update

<eprodrom> tantek: I added an AS2.0 update

sandro: sort of 2 agenda items


sandro: A) aaronpk and I worked together to make transition request
... mostly good

(oh! soory)

scribe: salmention ...


scribe: Issue 37 on this ..

tantek: were you here (early meetings) when we talked about normative references?

sandro: not sure
... what happened?

tantek: same question .. re: referring to external specs
... started as mailing list discussion .. HarryHalpin took to TimBL .. had lunch discussion
... upshot: OK to normatively reference spec, if you identify which parts are stable and which parts are under discussion
... OK to reference "Living Specs"
... need to give enough info so that people can figure out what to do

(wondering if tantek has a link?)

sandro: one option is to take out the ref to salmention
... you're saying a new idea .. identify stable / not stable

aaronpk: I updated the Editor's Draft

<tantek> FYI annbass

aaronpk: salmention is no longer a normative ref ..
... now more explicit about updates


<aaronpk> "If a response to the source URL is shown on the source URL page, then sender should treat that as an update of the source URL and re-send any previously sent Webmentions."


aaronpk: essentially changes from "it must support it" to "it may wish to support it"
... not a "should", not even a "may"

tantek: any feedback, reactions, objections?

<sandro> sandro: this looks good to me

tantek: OK, not hearing anything ..
... moving on

<eprodrom> This seems like the right response

sandro: can we get a formal resolution, since this is a normative change? just for the record

tantek: yes, write a proposal

aaronpk: I just added tantek's comment re: "e.g., "

<sandro> PROPOSED: Publish updated Webmention WD and revise CR draft, with Salmention no longer being normative, as per current editors draft

<aaronpk> +1

<ben_thatmustbeme> +1

<sandro> +1

<eprodrom> +1

<tantek> +1


<rhiaro> +1

<KevinMarks> +1

RESOLUTION: Publish updated Webmention WD and revise CR draft, with Salmention no longer being normative, as per current editors draft

<eprodrom> \o/

tantek: ok, we can go ahead with Transition Request
... next step is phone call with the Director

sandro: typically takes ~1 week, but depends on schedules

tantek: who needs to be on that call/

<eprodrom> I can be on it too

sandro: at least 1 chair, also aaronpk ..
... I'll propose some times, make a doodle poll
... have to find out who is acting as "Director" .. either Ralph or Philippe
... need to find out their schedules; should take me a day or two

Activity Streams 2.0 update

(Ralph Swick and Philippe le Hegaret)



eprodrom: last week we cleared out most issues, but had a couple more come up
... Editors' Drafts have been edited .. new versions out there


<scribe> ... new section: description of motivations re changes for moving to AS2

UNKNOWN_SPEAKER: followed some suggestions by tantek for reformatting


UNKNOWN_SPEAKER: now have change logs on both docs

<tantek> \o/ change logs!

<aaronpk> 👍

UNKNOWN_SPEAKER: covers major changes, not minor editorial bits

<ben_thatmustbeme> eprodrom++

<Loqi> eprodrom has 32 karma


UNKNOWN_SPEAKER: for both vocabulary and for core
... hoping that suffices, without going all the way back to beginning
... no more outstanding issues
... would like to have this Editors Draft open for ~1 week, then go to Working Draft
... alternative, make this WD and then go straight to Candidate Rec

tantek: preferences?
... no responses
... therefore I'll defer to Editor

<ben_thatmustbeme> Working Draft++

<tantek> PROPOSED: Publish updated working drafts of Activity Streams specifications based on current Editor's Draft.


<ben_thatmustbeme> +1

<eprodrom> +1

<aaronpk> +1 both documents I assume

<eprodrom> aaronpk: yes

<shevski> +1

(that proposal captures eprodrom's preference, that I didn't capture in minutes above)

<sandro> +1

RESOLUTION: Publish updated working drafts of Activity Streams specifications based on current Editor's Draft.

tantek: thanks eprodrom!
... hard work

<eprodrom> Great news

<Arnaud> sorry, what's the plan for CR?

tantek: one point: this is the first time I'll be publishing a WD on my own, have a few questions for sandro
... goal is to get wider review, via WD .. then act accordingly
... hopefully next week
... if no issues are raised, then try to take this to CR

arnaud: thanks; good to have timeframe

<eprodrom> Agreed!

tantek: social web protocols .. is rhiaro on call?

<rhiaro> aaany second now

sandro: she says she's on really low bandwidth
... she's traveling

tantek: ok .. we'll go on
... ActivityPub? ChrisWebber?

cwebber2: I'm just moving house, therefore all of this is in boxes
... if I recall, we requested people to review Editors Draft .. unclear
... Let's ask people to review it this week


cwebber2: hope that's the correct link

<ben_thatmustbeme> thats it

REQUEST: review that work, we will discuss next week if it's in good shape to publish

aaronpk: that page has January date .. is that actually the most current one?

cwebber2: (only on phone; can't check right now) .. I'll check it later.. I suspect it's up-to-date, and we forgot to update the date

tantek: 2 requests:
... 1. link to editor's draft
... 2. add change log?

cwebber2 will send email if there is actually a different link

tantek: appears rhiaro is now on .. what's up?

rhiaro: sorry, not caught up yet .. should have updated Editor's Draft by next week
... then have week to review

tantek: Micropub? aaronpk?

aaronpk: last draft dated May 4 .. I still have some bits to update
... but also testing "media endpoint", that we discussed awhile ago .. thin
... thinking about adding that to the next Editors Draft
... plan to have that available by our call next week

tantek: great;

<ben_thatmustbeme> nice

tantek: last document is mine .. haven't gotten to it
... hoping to work on it either right before, or during F2F
... any new agenda items?


<ben_thatmustbeme> sandro++

<Loqi> sandro has 31 karma

sandro: I made doodle poll, for chairs and aaron .. for that meeting
... it will be Ralph or Philippe as Director, and Wendy Seltzer as manager responsible for this work

tantek: OK, looks like the end

<eprodrom> tantek++

<Loqi> tantek has 291 karma

<eprodrom> annbass++

<Loqi> annbass has 2 karma

<eprodrom> Thanks everyone

<shevski> thanks tantek & annbass & all (woo)


<tantek> annbass++ thanks for minuting!

<Loqi> annbass has 3 karma

remind me (100th time) what's the command to get the minutes?

thanks ..

<tantek> trackbot, end meeting

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

  1. Publish updated Webmention WD and revise CR draft, with Salmention no longer being normative, as per current editors draft
  2. Publish updated working drafts of Activity Streams specifications based on current Editor's Draft.

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.144 (CVS log)
$Date: 2016/05/17 17:49:56 $