From W3C Wiki


Chair: Ann Bassetti 
Scribe: Volunteer 
Regrets: hhalpin, Lynn Foster (another vocab meeting scheduled then)


Chair to start the meeting by typing on irc:

trackbot, start meeting

Trackbot should already be on the channel but if for some reason it is not call it with the following command:

/invite trackbot

Zakim won't know what meeting it is. Just ignore it. Pick a scribe from the list or ask Zakim to pick one up with the following command:

Zakim, pick a victim

Unfortunately Zakim has no idea who's scribed before so you may have to ask several times before getting an acceptable answer...

Then type:

scribe: xxx

Also, with WebEx, Zakim doesn't know who is on the call so, as people join they should record their attendance with the command: present+ <nickname>

For additional info, see the Zakim documentation page. NOTE: how do we edit the "agenda-preamble" to take Zakim out of there?



  • Participation is limited to members

Approval of Minutes of xxx Telecon

(We missed so many meetings in recent weeks, there are no minutes to approve. Leaving this section here, for the next time.)

Teleconference Meeting time

  • Wednesdays at 15:00 UTC

which is equivalent to:

  • Central Europe: 17:00
  • England, Scotland, Ireland: 16:00
  • Eastern USA: 11:00
  • Central USA: 10:00
  • Pacific USA: 8:00

How to connect to telecon

  1. Connect to IRC on #social channel (irc://

The W3C now uses MIT's WebEx implementation for the audio portion of all telecons. We will continue to use IRC for chat and real-time scribing of minutes.

(In case you need to actually see the WebEx meeting URI, it is: )

Once you connect to the WebEx meeting, there is a link on the left to be connected to audio.

Next Telecon

Next Face-to-Face meeting

  • At W3C Technical Plenary, October 29-30, 2015, Sapporo, Japan -- can you attend?

Use Case TF

  • Per discussion at recent Social WG meeting, the agreement is that it would be useful if the IG would help resolve objections to some of the user stories. In particular:
  1. It would be helpful for the IG to help resolve questions / concerns / issues with the user stories.
  2. It would also be helpful for us to identify the user stories that seem like they would be easiest to bring into full consensus (e.g., the objections would be pretty easy to resolve).
  3. We should ping the individual WG objectors, to pull them into conversations on their particular objections.
  4. As we resolve issues on stories, we should report back to the WG with proposals of user stories -- perhaps slightly re-written -- to be accepted.
  5. ... anything else?
Indented line

(Email documenting that discussion:

  • TOPIC FOR THIS MEETING: Make a plan to move forward on this work.
  • QUESTION: Do we want to work on user stories only every other week? Is there enough action with vocabularies or something else to take up alternate weeks? If yes, what it that?
  • Topic from a previous agenda:
    • Proposal from Larry Hawes and Ann Bassetti, about expanding the IG focus to a larger set of use cases (Note from Ann: what was our proposal, Larry?)

Vocabulary TF

  • Status on vocabularies?
  • Relationship between this work and new Community Group? Noting that elf and others (Lynn, Daniel, ...) are starting a new Community Group re: "Collaborative Economy" -- are you guys going to take this vocabulary work to that CG, or keep it here, or coordinate between both groups, or ....??? (Email thread about setting up that Community Group:

New business?

  • Does anyone have new business to introduce?

Next week's agenda

  • What should be on the agenda for next week's meeting?


Chair to close the meeting with the following command:

trackbot, end meeting

If you forget, trackbot will close the meeting for you when the activity dies down.


back to socialig