This call will take place across IRC for text chat and Mumble for voice (there are clients for every mainstream OS). The call will be scribed for the record and so individuals who are unwilling or unable to speak on voice to be able to participate.
- Time: Wednesday, May 31st of 2017 at 15:00 UTC
- IRC: #social on irc.w3.org
- Mumble: Connect to: dustycloud.org / port 64738 / password “goblincamp”. Join the Social Web Incubator Community Group channel.
- Please mute yourself or use push to talk so as to not interrupt when others are speaking!
- Also be sure to wear headphones when using a microphone. Otherwise there will be an echo and everyone will be sad.
- If this is your first time using Mumble, please show up 10-15 minutes early to set up your audio. (The audio wizard makes this pretty easy.)
- SocialWG updates
- Forwarding (Issue #4) Can implementations handle HTTP 301/302 to help with user migration and instance sunsetting?
- Using Discourse for ActivityPub discussions? (Especially for those unwilling to use GitHub?)
- Time-limited discussion (5 minutes) and vote: SWICG or SocialCG as group shortname?
- Remaining agenda items moved to next week:
- Expressing intent of "where" a message shows up (direct messages? etc?) See: https://github.com/w3c/activitypub/issues/196#issuecomment-304958984
- End to end encryption? https://github.com/w3c/activitypub/issues/225
- Authenticated/private WebSub subscriptions
- Add your topic here!