HCLSIG BioRDF Subgroup/Meetings/2009-02-16 Conference Call
From W3C Wiki
- Date of Call: Monday February 16, 2009
- Time of Call: 11:00 am Eastern Time
- Dial-In #: +1.617.761.6200 (Cambridge, MA)
- Dial-In #: +33.4.89.06.34.99 (Nice, France)
- Dial-In #: +44.117.370.6152 (Bristol, UK)
- Participant Access Code: 4257 ("HCLS")
- IRC Channel: irc.w3.org port 6665 channel #hcls (see W3C IRC page for details, or see Web IRC)
- Duration: ~1 hour
- Frequency: bi-weekly
- Convener: Kei Cheung
- Scribe: Kei Cheung
- Scott Marshall, Kei Cheung, Matthias Samwald, Jun Zhao
- Rob Frost, Eric Prud'hommeaux
- Roll call and introduction (Kei Cheung)
- BioSIOC/aTags (Matthias Samwald)
- Query Federation -- progress and next steps (All)
- Matthias: is currently busy working on other projects so not much progress has been made on BioSIOC. But will work on it once the other projects are done.
- Jun: update on VoID. Describe data sets/linked set on a generic level based on standard terms (e.g., DC)
- Jun: continue to work with Matthias to refine the current VoID descriptions.
- Jun: Kei provided some additional metadata (e.g., specific types of receptors, audience, publication, and species) for describing the senselab data set.
- Jun: currently dbpedia serves as the controlled source for defining the terms (e.g., http://dbpedia.org/page/Neurotransmitter_receptor)
- Scott: NCBI taxonomy (organismal classification) can be used as a standard source for describing species.
- Kei: what can we do with VoID data (metadata)?
- Jun/Scott: sindice (http://sindice.com) can be used to crawl/index VoiD data
- Jun: Our first focus/goal is to come up with VoID description (explore how to use it later -- e.g., tabulator?)
- Kei: can VoID support inferencing?
- Jun: if we use standard ontological terms, VoID search engine can then take advantage of the ontology to do the inferencing/reasoning
- Matthias: for senselab data set, refer to http://neuroweb.med.yale.edu/senselab/
- Kei: the person maintaining the site has left and we are now in transition.
- Matthias: can temporarily help maintain it.
- Kei: a linked data interface has been created for HCLS KB at DERI, while Adrian is exploring the use of pubby for creating a linked data interface to HCLS KB at Berlin
- Kei/Scott: Kingsley helped a lot in setting up the linked data interface to HCLS KB at DERI.
- Kei: it's working but some fine tuning is needed
- Scott: the HCLS group will be happy to see the linked data interface
- Kei: created N3 triples for updating the neurotransmitter receptor hierarchy in dbpedia. Kingsley will help to load them in.
- Kei: preparing for the biordf presentation at the upcoming C-SHALS meeting.
- Kei: next biordf call will be held on Feb 23. After that we will go back to bi-weekly mode.