HCLSIG BioRDF Subgroup/Meetings/2007-05-21 Conference Call
From W3C Wiki
- Date of Call: Monday May 21, 2007
- Time of Call: 11:00am Eastern Time
- Dial-In #: +1.617.761.6200 (Cambridge, MA)
- Dial-In #: +33.4.89.06.34.99 (Nice, France)
- Dial-In #: +44.117.370.6152 (Bristol, UK)
- Participant Access Code: 246733 ("BIORDF")
- IRC Channel: irc.w3.org port 6665 channel #BioRDF (see W3C IRC page for details, or see Web IRC)
- Duration: ~1 hour
- Convener: Susie Stephens
- Scribe: Don Doherty
- Summary of WWW2007 workshop and demo
- Next demo presentation opportunities, e.g. ISMB, SfN
- Next steps for the demo
- Attendees: Kei Cheung, Bill Bug, John Barkley, Eric P., Matthias Samwald, Donald Doherty,
Elizabeth Wu, Ray Hookaway, Olivier Bodenreider, Jonathan Rees, Alan Ruttenburg, M. Scott Marshall
- [EP]Assuming this group is re-chartered will we get together in the 2007 Tech Plenary (November 5-10)
- [DD] Society for Neurosciences is November 3-7.
- [EP]We could meet on November 9 or 10?
- [EP] I’ll put us down for November 9 or 10.
- [KC] WWW2007 workshop summary
- [KC] Keynote by Carole Goble
- [KC] Another keynote by Susie Stephens and Adams West
- [KC] Nine other presentations
- [KC] Panel discussion. Topic was “Semantic web standards and technologies help benefit healthcare today.” Two panelists took the pro position and two con.
- [KC] Papers are available for download.
- [AR] Update on HCLS Demo at WWW2007
- [AR] Demo was well received
- [AR] We demoed a SPARQL query and an Alan Brain Atlas mashup
- [BB] Was there a question session?
- [AR] Yes but there were no questions. One person stood and thanked us for the demo from the whole SW community.
- [KC] People are encouraged to submit abstracts to meetings. Alan and Susie are submitting an abstract to ISMB 2007 and Don submitted a reaction to SfN 2007.
- [KC] Don, can you give a summary of the SfN 2007 abstract?
- [DD] The abstract summarizes the Banff Demo and is oriented to neuroscientists.
- [KC] Alan, can you give us a status on the ISMB 2007 abstract?
- [AR] http://mumble.net/~alanr/ISMB2007abstract.doc
- [AR] Abstract is tuned to the bio-ontology community.
- [AR] Majority want the team included in the author’s list
- [KC] Are we going to use the same set of data for the presentations?
- [AR] We don’t have all of the sources in the database yet. For instance, BAMS isn’t in there.
- [AR] I’d like to get more sources included.
- [KC] What are next steps? Priorities?