HCLSIG BioRDF Subgroup/Meetings/2007-02-05 Conference Call
From W3C Wiki
- Date of Call: Monday February 5, 2007
- Time of Call: 11:00am Eastern Time
- Dial-In #: +1.617.761.6200 (Cambridge, MA)
- Participant Access Code: 246733 ("BIORDF")
- IRC Channel: irc.w3.org port 6665 channel #BioRDF (see W3C IRC page for details, or see Web IRC)
- Duration: ~1 hour
- Convener: Susie Stephens, Vipul Kashyap
- Scribe: Scott Marshall
- Review Action Items
- Participation at ISMB - Bill, Matthias, Joanne
- Progress report on UI tools - Scott
- Use case progress (images & AD - PD intersection) - Bill, Don, Elizabeth, June, Tim, et al.
Participants: Scott_Marshall, Susie_Stephens, Vipul_Kashyap, Joanne_Luciano, Don_Doherty, Eric_Neumann, Bill_Bug, [IPcaller], Kei_Cheung, John_Barkley, Kerstin_Forsberg, Alan Ruttenberg, Matthias Samwald
- Vipul discusses aligning use case strongly with demo
- Bill suggests starting with AD use case
- June: points to wiki page for ADPD use case, we tried to relate AD to Parkinson's
- RS - short for Research Statement
- June: reverse engineer data sources such as BrainPharm
- Bill: Looking at SenseLab data that is related to the use case
- Kei: When we've done further data conversion in BrainPharm, we should have more ways to capture neurological
- Vipul: ACTION ITEM: Someone help populate ontology
- June: If you search for alpha-synuclein in BioCyc you find a large number of citations
- Eric: You could hack in the hypotheses to point to the article that they were derived from.
- Vipul: Action Item: Don will send PD research statements to incorporate into SWAN
- Helen: How will the process of entry into SWAN work?
- Alan: I'm trying to understand how we fit the hypothesis together with the rest of the text, questions on the wiki?
- Eric: You need to set up a script/scenario that explains who's doing what with the data, to explain the flow
- ACTION ITEM: Alan will define a demo script.
- Joanne: tentative timeline?
- Alan: Will know more tomorrow.
- Vipul: Some of us need to take ownership of particular RDF data
- Alan: Expects to see a process of query refinement
- Bill: Current pages point result from existing work
Might want to look at the original documents that led to the current (which doesn't communicate everything)
- Bill: Two different ways of acting out a use case
- Vipul: Moving on to other points:
- Vipul: How do we identify the concepts of ontological importance?
- Vipul: Someone want to take the lead on the information flow diagram?
- Alan: It's too early for that.
- Vipul: For BIONT tomorrow: info flow diagram, distilled knowledge sources
- Alan: Would like RDF dumps of SWAN and BrainPharm to work with.
- Vipul: There are now 6 action items.
- Alan: People should be familiar with how to pose a question using SPARQL.
- Bill: Don't think that we'll have enough resources to integrate BIRN tools for the demo.
ACTION LIST SUMMARY
- ACTION: Populate Brain Pharm with PD Use Case Data 
- ACTION: Don will send research statements to SWAN Team 
- ACTION: To create the information flow diagram - Susie, Vipul owners 
- ACTION: Alan R to do the demo script and look at BIll Bug's pointers 
- ACTION: Get the RDF dumps from BrainPharm and SWAN - Kei and Tim
- ACTION: Use the RDF dumps to analyze references for Knowledge Artifacts - BIONT
- ACTION: Familiar with using one RDF Time --- ALL