Know of a tool? Tweet it using #hclstool ! We will add the tool when we periodically aggregate tweets with that hashtag.
- 1 General support for Semantic Web applications
- 2 Tools to make relational data accessible via SPARQL
- 3 Tools that support converting non-relational data to RDF
- 4 Management/Visualization
- 5 Tools for publishing data
General support for Semantic Web applications
LOD2 stack is a collection of tools contributed by LOD2 members.
- Pellet ICV is a modified version of Pellet that works with the Closed World Assumption. It can be used to define an ontology that will work as an schema and use Pellet to validate RDF data. An example using SKOS: http://weblog.clarkparsia.com/2010/04/14/pellet-icv-04-release-using-owl-integrity-constraints-to-validate-skos
- Note from author: "From May the 8th 2011, I've set the status of the project to inactive. Mainly due to lack of interest and contribution - no further development is taking place."
- JRDF is an attempt to create a standard set of APIs and base implementations to RDF (Resource Description Framework) using the latest version of the Java language.
Tools to make relational data accessible via SPARQL
- Ultrawrap makes legacy relational databases upward compatible to the Semantic Web
- Allows to execute SPARQL directly on the relational database and ETL to RDF
- Ultrawrap executes SPARQL as fast as SQL because it delegates all optimizations to the underlying RDBMS
- Full support for W3C's R2RML and Direct Mapping
- Augmented Direct Mapping which maps the SQL Schema to OWL
- SWObjects uses a query rewriting approach to make SQL data accessible via a SPARQL endpoint.
- SWObjects creates maps from SPARQL Construct statements that act as translation rules from SPARQL to SQL, as well as SPARQL to SPARQL.
- Federation support: Maps will automatically dispatch queries to the appropriate graph/endpoint in federated applications.
D2R Server is a tool for publishing relational databases on the Semantic Web. It enables RDF and HTML browsers to navigate the content of the database, and allows applications to query the database using the SPARQL query language
- R2O & ODEMapster is an integrated framework for the formal specification, evaluation, verification and exploitation of the semantic mappings between ontologies and relational databases.
- ODEMapster is a NeOn plugin that offers a GUI for building mappings between a RDBMS and an Ontology. It also offers the possibility of excecuting such mappings and populating the ontology to create a Linked Data KB.
Tools that support converting non-relational data to RDF
- interactive graphics for selection of desired output for automated SPARQL query builder
- automatic import wizards for mapping from common formats to RDF
- has import with automated mappings to RDF from XML with provenance in the Maestro Edition
- is a versatile tool with many features for building and inspecting RDF and OWL, as well as publishing SPARQL access to data
- Performs comprehensive transformations of XML Schemas (XSD) and XML data to RDF/OWL automatically. Through this tool, it is possible to create RDF/OWL representation of XML Schemas, and XML instances that comply with such XML Schemas.
- Tested on HL7 Clinical Document Architecture (CDA) R2.
- Good for getting a sense of what’s in the data (or a sample of the data where scale is large).
- Enables reconciliation of data with freebase/sindice/other sparql endpoints such as NCBO
- Enables description of data in terms of predicates retrieved from prefix.cc
- Possibility to specify which ontologies should be used to describe the data
- It is implemented to handle arbitrary rows counts and was found to work with data that has 3,949,400 rows
- from the EU SysMO project
- Create spreadsheet templates for input using ontologies as controlled vocabularies. Spreadsheet entries then contain unambiguous identifiers and are easier to convert to RDF.
- The xCurator project offers an end-to-end framework to transform a semi-structured (XML) source into high-quality Linked Data.
- Used by the new LinkedCT http://linkedct.org/ Thanks to xCurator, the data is now over 25 million triples (previously only 7 million triples), has much higher quality and is up-to-date at all times
- Paper describing the framework and initial results: Linking Semistructured Data on the Web (WebDB2011 at SIGMOD)
- A little demo available online, but the code is still under development and not released yet http://dblab.cs.toronto.edu/project/xcurator/
The ReDeFer project is a compendium of RDF-aware utilities organised in a set of packages:
- RDF2HTML: render a piece of RDF/XML as HTML.
- RDF2HTML+RDFa: render a piece of RDF/XML as HTML+RDFa.
- XSD2OWL: transform an XML Schema into an OWL Ontology.
- CS2OWL: transform a MPEG-7 Classification Scheme into an OWL Ontology.
- XML2RDF: transform a piece of XML into RDF.
- RDF2SVG: render a piece of RDF/XML as a SVG showing the corresponding graph.