Scientific Discourse Meeting, December 19, 2011
1: Creating processing workflows and annotations in U-Compare and Argo
Rafal Rak, National Centre for Text Mining, Manchester, UK: U-Compare
Unstructured Information Management Architecture (UIMA) is a framework that addresses interoperability of processing components coming from different sources by defining common data structures and interfaces. We present NaCTeM's U-Compare and Argo, systems that support the UIMA framework and provide easy-to-use graphical user interfaces to combine various UIMA-based components.
U-Compare is an integrated TM/NLP processing system which supports user-friendly, drag-and-drop processing workflow creation, as well as evaluation, statistics and visualization of produced annotations. U-Compare also facilitates component comparison capabilities, useful to automatically select the best processing setup. Currently, U-Compare comes with about 50 pre-loaded, ready-to-use components.
Argo complements U-Compare by providing a web-based interface and remote processing, making the framework more accessible to the non-technical user. One of the key functionalities of Argo is its ability to seamlessly incorporate user-interactive components, such as manual annotation editors, into otherwise completely automatic pipelines.
2. Use case overview:
- Team: Richard Boyce, Jodi Schneider, Mike Taylor, Anita de Waard
2.2. Defining core metadata for describing biomedical investigations
- Team: Tim Clark, Susanna-Assunta Sansone, David Shotton, Philippe Rocca-Serra
- DRAFT ISA-RDF model, Version 0.36
- Team: Joanne Luciano, Anita de Waard
3. Any other business, next calls.
Dial-in & IRC Information:
- Time: 10:00 EDT
- Dial-In #: +1.617.761.6200 (Cambridge, MA)
- Dial-In #: +126.96.36.199.79.03 (Paris, France)
- Dial-In #: +44.203.318.0479 (London, UK)
- Participant Access Code: 42572 ("HCLS2")
- IRC Channel: irc.w3.org port 6665 channel #HCLS2 use IRC direct link or (see W3C IRC page for details, or see Web IRC)
- Mibbit quick start: Click on mibbit for instant IRC access
- Duration: 1hr