From W3C Wiki
Rhetorical Document Structure Group HCLS SIG W3C, Phone Meeting January 11th 2010
Attendees: Tudor Groza (TG), Paolo Ciccarese (PC), Keith Gutfreund (KG), Anita de Waard (AdW - chair + scribe), Alexandre Passant (AP), Jodi Schneider (JS)
- Tudor: update the Introduction of the working group
- Tim: update use case (including some links) with the major classes of publications; look at existing DTDs:
- NLM DTD: http://dtd.nlm.nih.gov/
- Elsevier journal DTD: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/authorsview.authors/dtds_htm#sec1
- Highwire DTD: http://schema.highwire.org/public/arthw/
- Biomed central DTD: http://www.biomedcentral.com/xml/dtdtaggingspec.html
- Keith: markup and/or test the tools on documents looking at the automated tools (Anita will send him the test documents).
- Where do references fit in?
- References should be linked from within rhetorical blocks, but their modeling is not in the scope of the group
- Connection with the CITO + SWAN citation module that do model references
- Replace the use of the term ontology with model or set of rhetorical elements
- Refinement of objectives
- Addition of O3 - practical application of the resulted model on scientific documents
- Addition of O4 - dissemination of achievements
- Consider not-objectives
- Domain-specific knowledge modeling
- References modeling
- Tudor: create ABCDE table for discussions
- Tudor: create draft group roadmap
- Keith: share references on arguments modeling
- Next call: January 25th 2010 , 9AM Boston / 2PM Irish / 3PM Amsterdam ??