Meeting 17 January 2020
Review of December action items
- Lainey, Elle, Sharron to reorg wiki, consider overall project definition and processes (completed, see below)
- Alan to follow up with Beth regarding Project EASI archives (completed, see below)
- Invite Doug and Mike to participate more formally (completed, see below)
Eldering Project Plan
Rename to “Digital Accessibility Project”
(gives our mission more breadth, depth). Include:
- WikiPedia initiative with bios, timeline, description, etc.
- Focused on “Elder” prioritization: Nominate -> criteria, name, contribution, links
- Use Doug Sheppers template (Jim Thatcher)
- WikiPedia initiative should include an overarching narrative that describes the history of Digital Accessibility; the Ecosystem; the innovations (past, present, future)
- Tie bios to that narrative history
- Create “Home” or “Starter” page in outline form, Main topics, subtopics, etc…
- Consider an editing board. Someone with focus on community if practice (Doug S., ???)
- YouTube channel; post archives
- Mentoring - need group focus to develop process
- Create Podcasts, conduct Interviews (Wendy)
EASI Follow up Initiative
- Alan contacted Danny Hilton Chalfen – Danny has a box of EASI materials and will arrange to get them to Alan
Note: Danny tragically passed away earlier this week. Alan will follow up with Danny’s wife, Sally at an appropriate time.
- Alan hasn’t had a chance to reach out to Beth Coombs; but will in the future.
Note: Since our call, Karen McCall has forwarded some communication between her and Beth that Alan is following up on
Participation and communication
- New contributors: Mike Gifford and Doug Schepper (?)
- Mike – does not have the cycles to contribute. Will follow activities.
- Doug – available and willing, as needed. Particularly helpful in getting WikiPedia entries through their editing board
- Use of Eldering Project listserv had been set up write to email@example.com
- WAI-Engage repository: Purpose is to coordinate overall eldering activities, not to mimic wikipedia. Can use as a practice for wiki editing if useful. Otherwise, to edit Wikipedia directly, use Doug's template for Jim Thacher and/or coordinate with Doug and group.