Guidelines for LD generation of Language resources - previous notes
From Best Practices for Multilingual Linked Open Data Community Group
|Topic||Resource type||Editor(s)||Link to report||Comments|
|Lexicographic resources||Wordnets||John McCrae||Converting_WordNets_to_Linked_Data||Pre-final. They Will likely need revisiting once the GWA has better defined some of its guidelines for creating interchangeable language resources (not before GWC in January 2016). We will keep them as "draft" community group report until then.|
|Bilingual/Multilingual dictionaries||BabelNet||Tiziano Flati||Guidelines for Linguistic Linked Data Generation: Multilingual Dictionaries (BabelNet)||FINAL|
|Bilingual dictionaries (e.g., Apertium)||Jorge Gracia||Guidelines for Linguistic Linked Data Generation: Bilingual Dictionaries||FINAL|
|Terminologies||TBX (Term Base eXchange)||John McCrae, Philipp Cimiano, Víctor Rodriguez-Doncel||Converting_TBX_to_RDF||FINAL|
|Corpora - textual||NIF corpus||Martin Brümmer||Linked Data corpus creation using NIF||Pre-final|
|Translation memory/parallel text||Bitext||Dave Lewis||Draft Guidelines on Bitext as Linked Data||Early draft. Probably these guidelines will not be modified in the short term, but we will keep them here, as an early draft, for future improvements.|
|NLP services||NIF-based NLP web services||Philipp Cimiano, Sebastian Walter, Mattias Hartung||NIF-based NLP Web Services||Pre-final|
|LLOD aware services||Philipp Cimiano, Sebastian Walter, Mattias Hartung||LLOD aware Web services||Draft|
|LLD exploitation||Philipp Cimiano, Sebastian Walter, Mattias Hartung||LLD exploitation||Draft|
- Description of the type of resource
- Selection of vocabularies
- RDF Generation process: structure/examples/rationale (modelling choices, rules for naming, linking, ...etc.)
- Publication (including metadata representation, licensing issues, etc.)
- Data maintenance (versioning, etc)
Next milestones (decided in telco of 26th march 2015)
- Finishing and publishing our guidelines as proper community group reports:
- [27/04/2015] Pre-final guidelines, namely: wordnets, babelnet, bilingual dictionaries.
- [27/05/2015] Less mature guidelines or that still require some discussion: tbx2rdf, NIF services
- [27/06/2015] Currently draft guidelines: NIF corpora, bitext
- [27/06/2015] Finishing the discussions about patterns: linking, ontologies, and quality.
- [27/07/2015] Finishing the document about patterns and the list of recommended best practises.