- 1 WoT Plugfest
- 2 THE BASICS – ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT PLUGFEST
- 3 PlugFests So Far
Originally, PlugFest is a term used to describe an event based on a certain standard where the designers of electronic equipment or software test the interoperability of their products or designs with those of other manufacturers. It could be literally plugging company A's cable into company B's socket, or a more elaborate test resembling a realistic scenario.
To provide real-world examples of WoT applications and use cases, W3C is organizing an WoT PlugFest, where developers and vendors can show their solutions and demonstrate the true value of WoT.
WoT PlugFest is designed to show how the various WOT building blocks from different WoT developers/vendors can work together and support new and innovative services. PlugFest will demonstrate this interoperability – different WoT components from different developers/vendors – and promote the viability of WoT to a wider community.
Attendees at W3C WoT plugfest can expect the following:
- Technology presentations regarding W3C standards for WoT
- Interoperability testing on the relevant W3C standards for WoT
- Opportunities to field questions and obtain answers directly from W3C standard experts
- Understand to the relevant W3C standards
Interoperability in the context of WoT Plugfest
According to ISO/IEC 2382-01, “Information Technology Vocabulary, Fundamental Terms”, interoperability is “The capability to communicate, execute programs, or transfer data among various functional units in a manner that requires the user to have little or no knowledge of the unique characteristics of those units”.
WoT Interoperability includes concerns such as:
- The behaviors and capabilities of internal and external connectivity and resources.
THE BASICS – ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT PLUGFEST
- Principally, it should base on WWW architecture model
- W3C WoT IG has assembled a small group of experts to organize PlugFest with the objective of showcasing the interoperability of WoT components from different vendors. The goal is to introduce WoT to the wider community.
- Any vendor or developer exhibiting at TPAC 2015 is eligible.
To participate, vendors/developers must be able to demonstrate how their WoT building blocks interoperate and help create interesting solutions for the end customers. Specifically:
The event will take place in a special location on the TPAC 2015 show floor in the (@@TBD).
WoT PlugFest will take place during TPAC 2015, October 25-30, 2015.
There are many who are working tirelessly, lending their passion and expertise, to make WoT PlugFest a success. We would like to acknowledge and extend our thanks to everyone involved, including: