This Wiki page is edited by participants of the WCAG Working Group. It does not necessarily represent consensus and it may have incorrect information or information that is not supported by other Working Group participants, WAI, or W3C. It may also have some very useful information.
Scribing Commands and Related Info
From WCAG WG
This document provides some basic scribing commands and related information.
Scribe Commands and Tips for During the Meeting
- Scribe: Name (assigns the scribe)
- SpeakersInitials: (capture the gist of what the person says)
- ... (continue capturing what is being said without retyping the same speaker's initials or name again.)
- If you don't know who is speaking, ask the speaker to identify him or herself.
- Ask the speaker to repeat what he or she said, if it is important and you missed it.
- Zakim, next item (brings up the next agenda item) or you can use TOPIC: at the start of each agenda topic.
- RESOLUTION: (resolution text)
i.e., RESOLUTION: Updated CFC proposal accepted.
- s/misspelling/correct spelling/ (Syntax to correct spelling errors and mistakes) i.e.,
Note this must be written absolutely perfectly (any difference of case, punctuation, spacing, etc will cause it to fail), and it chokes if you have a slash in what you are trying to change.
- @@ can be used as a marker while scribing for information missed that you want to fill in later. Then before sending the minutes search for "@@" and use the s/X/Y/ syntax to fill in any missing details.
Scribe Post-Meeting Commands and Tasks
- rrsagent, make minutes
- trackbot, end meeting
- Draft an email that contains a link to minutes.
- Send the email to the group.
During the Meeting Commands for Participants
- If something is scribed wrong or not well enough don't be afraid to improve it with the s/X/Y/ syntax as described above.
- present+ Your Name (Each person present should add himself or herself to the list of people present)
- q+ (adds you to the speaker queue. Try to use the queue rather than jumping in on a conversation.)
- q- (removes you from the speaker queue)
- /me non-minuted comment (to make a comment that you don't want recorded in the minutes) i.e.,
/me feels like a beer (will not get recorded) but
I feel like a beer (will be recorded for posterity. And also make the minutes more painful to read.
- /msg rrsagent help (get rrsagent help in a private channel rather than cluttering up the entire thing)
- /msg zakim help (get zakim help in a private channel rather than cluttering up the entire thing)
Pre-Meeting Setup Commands for those Running the Meeting
- agenda: url
- rrsagent, set logs world-visible
- regrets+ person's_name, person's_name, person's_name, person's_name
- Zakim, agenda?
- Chair: Chair's Name (assigns the chair for the meeting)