This Wiki page is edited by participants of the Cognitive and Learning Disabilities Accessibility Task Force. It does not necessarily represent consensus and it may have incorrect information or information that is not supported by other Task Force participants, WAI, or W3C. It may also have some very useful information.
This page document various process the coga TF uses in addition to the W3 Process for TR documents.
Updating an Editor's Draft TR Note before public release
Before releasing a TR Working Draft Note update (or 1st Working Draft) for public review the TF develops a working document in GitHub. This is available for viewing on GitHub Pages For example Gap Analysis
Here's an outline of the process
- Author creates a feature branch to keep work in progress off master branch and page preview
- Changes are regularly pushed to GitHub for backup (optional)
- When ready for a Review a PR is created in GitHub and a reviewer selected
- The branch page can be previewed by pasting the branch URL into https://raw.githack.com/ to create a uncached development link
- Once reviewed the PR is merged to master - usually by Lisa
- The feature branch is deleted from GitHub
- The version Master is available for review at https://w3c.github.io/coga/xxx
Releasing a new Working Draft
Working Drafts are publically released versions of Editor Drafts. They can be found at https://www.w3.org/TR/. Links are provided for both the latest version and specific versions. Links appear in the document to earlier versions and the latest editor draft.
- Request a WG review and process any requested changes.
- Roy or Michael at W3C publish the document.
Responding to community Issues on GitHub
We sometimes get contact by GitHub Issues in the Cognitive TF [GitHub repository](https://github.com/w3c/coga/issues). If we ever get a Pull Request we can create an issue and follow the same basic process.
- Create a placehoder response so originator knows we have seen and will respond
- [TBD Add a label]
- Send a summary or link to the TF list
- Add item to next TF meeting Agenda
- Respond to the issue as appropriate and close the issue.