Policy File Validation
Changes and known bugs:
- 2002/12/01 [Bug & Fix 20]
In the "Vocabulary check" step, even when there are errors, the validator
says "no error".
- 2002/11/04 [Bug & Fix 19]
The validator does not check the expiration date of the P3P policy. Now it is fixed.
- 2002/08/27 [Bug 18]
When the policy file is on the SSL site, the validator thinks the policy file
does not exist. Now it is fixed.
- 2002/08/27 [Bug & Fix 17]
The parameter of the header.pl is not correctly escaped. Now it is fixed.
- 2002/06/18 [Bug 16]
If the policy reference file contains non-XML code, the validator
fails to parse the PRF, and stops without any error messages.
- 2002/06/03 [Bug & Fix 15]
In the HTTP response header, the policy ref directive (= policyref="/w3c/pref.xml") and the compact policy (= CP="NOI IND ..") must be seperated with a comma
character. The validator does not report an error, when a comma is missing. Now it is fixed .
- 2002/05/16 [Bug & Fix 14] When a compact policy includes NID element,
the compact policy does not have to include compact-purpose / compact-retention /
compact-recipient / compact-category tokens. However, the validator requires them.
Now it is fixed.
- 2002/04/09 [Bug&Fix 13] Validator did not recognize the compact
policy LOC category. Now, it is fixed.
- 2002/03/26 [Bug&Fix 12] When the target URI includes some special
characters, the validator failed. Now it is fixed.
- 2002/03/22 [Bug&Fix 11] URI patterns of the INCLUDE and
EXCLUDE elements in the PRF were relative to the PRF URI.
Now, they are relative to the target URI (See section 18.104.22.168 of the spec
for the details ).
- 2002/03/20 [Bug&Fix 10] HTTPS related bug. When PRF is https and
the policy is http, the validator misunderstands that they are on the
different web sites. Now it is fixed.
- 2002/03/20 [Bug&Fix 09] Link check sequence does not work correctly,
when the user uploads the P3P policy file. Now it is fixed.
- 2002/03/20 [Bug 08] If user defined DATASCHEMA uses
DATA-STRUCT element in the base data schema file, the validator
does not correctly recognize it.
- 2002/03/20 [Bug&Fix 07] The validator did not recognize
DATASCHEMA embedded in the policy file, when the user upload the
policy file. Now, fixed.
- 2002/03/14 [Fix 06] Now, the validator supports https.
- 2002/02/21 [Limitation 06] The validator does not support https
protocol at this point. It will be supported soon.
- 2002/02/21 [Bug&Fix 05] "<link> element multiple line"
- 2002/02/20 [Bug&Fix 04] "dot dot slash" bug fixed.
Now, the validator recognizes that [http://example.com/../abc/cde] is
equivalent to [http://example.com/abc/cde].
- 2002/02/19 [Bug&Fix 03] "<POLICY> element" bug fixed.
Now, the validator does not allows policy files starting with
- 2002/02/19 [Fix 01] "http-equiv header" bug fixed.
- 2002/02/18 [Bug&Fix 02] "Single quote bug" fixed. The values of policyref and
CP in the P3P: http header must be quoted with double quotation marks
("). The validator allowed single quotation marks illegally.
- 2002/02/14 [Bug 01] The validator recognizes http-equiv headers in HTML documents.
This is not a bug. However, almost all HTML user agents do not recognize http-equiv
headers. Therefore, I will make the validator not to recognize them.
Details about this issue is here.
- 2002/01/28 [Info] The validator is compatible with
the P3P PR (proposed recommendation) spec.
Version 0.95, Created by: Yuichi
Koike and Shojima Taiki, Jan 29 2002