Talk:SVG in text-html 2009
- There's a discussion on polyglot HTML documents that could apply to SVG as well, that is: to produce a polyglot document one has to validate both against HTML and XHTML. This could be used for SVG as well, and would be simple to implement in validators, simply reparse as XHTML+SVG.
- Can SVG going forward use only lowercase attribute- and elementnames? (Touches upon the issue of case-fixup tables)
- Need to clarify the point "The SVG WG would like to know the rationale for including certain HTML tags that break out of foreign content mode." unless we want an answer along the lines of "to not break pages with bogus <svg> tags, as found by a well-known study"
- There are SVG images with xmlns:xlink="&ns_XLink;" commonly produced by Illustrator, do we want to break those? Relates to the point about xmlns:xlink and breaking on bogus values.
- Should we consider having svg:title parsed as RCDATA, like the html:title?
- There may be issues with adding encoding detection for SVG documents, as in it may break some non-svg content.
- If the SVG element is the root element as we propose, how would HTML content which comes after the SVG image be handled?