Topics for the next telcon
The next telcon is on 20 October 2016. To request an item for discussion at the next telcon, add it to the list below. Please maintain the order of agenda requests by placing your request at the end of the list.
- Daylight savings switch
Topics to be taken up in future telcons
To request an item for discussion at the soonest telcon where time permits, add it to the list below.
- Takagi-san's proposals for switch and conditional processing (nikos)
- W3C Spatial Data for the Web (SDWWG) has raised the issue of relationship with SVG WG. Could be discussed at TPAC. Any desire to discuss it earlier? (I have now changed my views about the need to discuss this, because of the debates in the geospatial community over geo-JSON and other groups who specify (lon, lat) assuming GPS and WGS84 is accurate enough. In many cases it is, such as to the nearest 100 metres. In other cases, for example, still ostensibly (lon, lat), but using other Coordinate Reference Systems such as ETRS89, these may be accurate at the sub-metre level. So, really it is a metadata issue.) (ChrisLittle)
Topics to be taken up later
These are topics that we should discuss in a telcon, but at some later point, once it is ready for discussion.
- SVG Accessibility Update
- Would group consider allowing role="text" to be applied to drawing groups with associated either title, aria-label, or aria-labelledby and have this be searchable text in browsers?
- Group Vote to release a heartbeat draft of the SVG Accessibility API Mapping Specification (SVG-AAM) 
- Group Vote to release a First Public Working Draft of the ARIA Graphics Module:  The ARIA Graphics Module defines new ARIA roles that would form the foundation of a description of structured graphics, such as diagrams. This is very limited for SVG 2.0 due to the need to get the basic accessibility infrastructure working on all platforms.
- Submission of SVG to ISO
- Text Issues Sortable list
- Text Decoration: Move to CSS3? (CR)
- Fonts: Move to CSS3? (CR) New def for 'font-variant'.
- Writing Modes: Move to CSS3? (WD) Revised 'writing-mode' property.
- Is there an agreed minimal set of text functionality, over and above SVG1.2, for use cases without CSS? (Chris Little)
- Should we support focusin and focusout DOM3 events? Currently, we have focus and blur support in the interactivity portion of the spec.
- Transformations on root elements and views (overview of options & current behavior) (ABR / ED)
- viewTarget and the :target pseudoclass (ABR / CM)
- Other linking issues (summary) (ABR)
Chris Little (travelling)