Topics for the next telcon
The next telcon is on 30 June 2016. To request an item for discussion at the next telcon, add it to the list below. Please maintain the order of agenda requests by placing your request at the end of the list.
- Publishing new drafts of SVG Accessibility specs: see email description (Amelia)
Topics to be taken up in future telcons
To request an item for discussion at the soonest telcon where time permits, add it to the list below.
- W3C Spatial Data for the Web (SDWWG) has raised the issue of relationship with SVG WG. Could be discussed at TPAC. Any desire to discuss it earlier? (ChrisLittle)
Topics to be taken up later
These are topics that we should discuss in a telcon, but at some later point, once it is ready for discussion.
- SVG Accessibility Update
- Would group consider allowing role="text" to be applied to drawing groups with associated either title, aria-label, or aria-labelledby and have this be searchable text in browsers?
- Group Vote to release a heartbeat draft of the SVG Accessibility API Mapping Specification (SVG-AAM) 
- Group Vote to release a First Public Working Draft of the ARIA Graphics Module:  The ARIA Graphics Module defines new ARIA roles that would form the foundation of a description of structured graphics, such as diagrams. This is very limited for SVG 2.0 due to the need to get the basic accessibility infrastructure working on all platforms.
- Submission of SVG to ISO
- Text Issues Sortable list
- Text Decoration: Move to CSS3? (CR)
- Fonts: Move to CSS3? (CR) New def for 'font-variant'.
- Writing Modes: Move to CSS3? (WD) Revised 'writing-mode' property.
- Is there an agreed minimal set of text functionality, over and above SVG1.2, for use cases without CSS? (Chris Little)
- Should we support focusin and focusout DOM3 events? Currently, we have focus and blur support in the interactivity portion of the spec.
- Transformations on root elements and views (overview of options & current behavior) (ABR / ED)
- viewTarget and the :target pseudoclass (ABR / CM)
- Other linking issues (summary) (ABR)
Chris Little (travelling)