W3C Launches Data on the Web Best Practices Working Group
The mission of the Data on the Web Best Practices Working Group, part of the W3C Data Activity, is to:
- Develop the open data ecosystem, facilitating better communication between developers and publishers;
- Provide guidance to publishers of data that will improve consistency in the way data is managed, thus promoting the re-use of data;
- Foster trust in the data among developers, whatever technology they choose to use, increasing the potential for genuine innovation.
The main Working Group deliverables are:
- Data on the Web Best Practices
- Quality and Granularity Description Vocabulary
- Data Usage Description Vocabulary
We would like to invite all the W3C Offices to participate in this Working Group! The first meeting of the Working Group will be held on January 24, 2014, at 9am ET.