Bugzilla – Bug 17502
[XSLT 3.0] Allow use of external serialization parameters file
Last modified: 2013-02-12 21:39:16 UTC
We should allow xsl:output or xsl:result-document to refer to an external file of serialization parameters as defined in the Serialization 3.0 specification.
(Note: XQuery 3.0 does not say whether this file is retrieved at compile time or at run time. I think we should specify this one way or the other, since this has a bearing on interoperability.)
Note XQuery uses the name "parameter-document" for this purpose.
Note also xsl:output parameters are static and result-document parameters are dynamic, so users get a choice.
Action on editor to write up the detailed changes to implement this.
* New attribute parameter-document on xsl:output and xsl:result-document
* Value for xsl:output is a URI, resolved against the stylesheet base URI
* Value for xsl:result-document is an AVT whose effective value is a URI, resolved against the stylesheet base URI
* Need to define which takes priority:
- parameter-document wins over explicit attribute of result-document which wins over the named output format
* What about handling of absent/malformed parameter document?
- serialization error if malformed; document ignored if absent.
Changes applied as agreed (draft N).