Bugzilla – Bug 13688
[Ser30] Incorrect regexp for output:encoding in xslt-xquery-serialization.xsd
Last modified: 2011-10-12 07:20:11 UTC
The regexp in this schema for encoding-string-type is:
That pattern does not match, for example, UTF-8, which is a required encoding name.
I believe the pattern should be
without the single-quotes around the hyphen character. I made this change locally and it worked, at least.
I read through the XML schema regexp documentation at:
and did not find anything that suggested that single quotes can be used in this way, but if I misunderstood it please let me know.
Yes, I agree. That was obviously a typographical error on my part.
I am responding on my own behalf - not on the behalf of the XSLT and XQuery working groups.
At the joint teleconference of the XQuery and XSLT working groups of 20 September 2011, the working groups decided to resolve this problem by changing the regular expression for encoding-string-type to the following.
I believe that Henry intended to mark this bug as RESOLVED/FIXED when he posted comment #3 on 2011-09-20. In that belief, I am so marking the bug. Chris, if you accept Henry's posted resolution, please mark the bug CLOSED.
Henry's regexp works; I have updated our product (Zorba) accordingly. Thanks.