Cognitive and Learning Disabilities Accessibility Task Force Teleconference

13 November 2023


abbey, Albert, DavidSwallow
EA, julie

Meeting minutes

<lisa> AG update including o Recharter of AG AND.. Permissions to github via their profile

<lisa> close item 1

<lisa> next item

<lisa> ag members: https://www.w3.org/groups/wg/ag/participants/

od: https://www.w3.org/groups/wg/ag/join/

[11: 05am] kirkwood: LS: rejoining AG. might be a bit slow, having given us time.

[11: 06am] kirkwood: LS: link to AG partipants can check if you are a member or inited expert.

<lisa> so you can see if you are an invited extert there

<lisa> organisations that are members: https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.w3.org/membership/list/__;!!EDx7F7x-0XSOB8YS_BQ!ezCV3sdi4TJU9O1iCtIMWeiN81PuesYt0PA4J5uIH3tX8XcMtLdNUO64bz5h4G69EYWYZkJV9z3DYK2HA0woL6aI$

kirkwood: LS: rejoining AG. might be a bit slow, having given us time.

[11: 06am] kirkwood: LS: link to AG partipants can check if you are a member or inited expert.

<lisa> Reach out to the Advisory Committee (AC) representative for your organization. Your organization's AC representative needs to approve and submit you as a representative to the new group. Note: This can occasionally take time (particularly when an organization has a new AC representative), so we suggest starting the conversation with your AC representative sooner rather than later.

LS: this is if you are a member, you write to the person from you company that represents you

LS: invited experts me, john, abby, albert? not sure

<lisa> invited exerts https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.w3.org/groups/wg/ag/__;!!EDx7F7x-0XSOB8YS_BQ!ezCV3sdi4TJU9O1iCtIMWeiN81PuesYt0PA4J5uIH3tX8XcMtLdNUO64bz5h4G69EYWYZkJV9z3DYK2HA1sW4krP$

LS: first go to this link;

<lisa> https://www.w3.org/groups/wg/ag/join/

Abbey: i’m good don’t need to do it

Rachael: went through who we are comfortable approvin

Rachael: wait need database to catch up

Rachael: need to have github updated

LS: we have been asked to update github to make sure its there. go to your account on W3C and add github

Racheal: go to edit profiles, connected accounts

LS: go to ‘my account’ , edit profiles, connected accounts : add your github account

LS: i well add to orintation

<lisa> next item

<lisa> close item 3

<lisa> next item

LS: eric couldn’t come

LS: Abby you looked at user research
… we did a survey
… we can update the whole thing?
… we can update parts? with link to wikipage showing things not updated
… this is highly used, in meetings all over the place
… out of date since 2015

Abbey: it’s not very current, even type of users, lot in aging and dimentia since 2015, ADHD in adults

Abbey: 3.6 is def ADHD, autism there is new language
… dysgraphia is not in inere
… is not in there
… there is stuff with user groups needs to be updated
… apheesia, and down syndorme nothing since 2015
… might want to look into Long Covid
… worth a deeper dive impact user groups

LS: your feeling is we should add some

LS: think we can lose some

Abbey: not sure

LS: can put on wki page to be available, without going through review
… same with reserach and cognitive function on a wiki page

Abbey: i think so too

Abbey: companies worked for user groups are most important

LS: proposal to add a module of mental health

LS: we had suggestion for general cognitive function

LS: what we’ve found so far can only do it with volunteers to do work

LS: we need to updte introduction and summary but thats just editorial

LS: but if we need to add sections we need volunteers

LS: don’t need to do all at once, collect research and write

<lisa> upadete the user section, adding mental health, long covid and health , genral LD and coga .. but we have people to look the reaserch

LS: proposal is to update user sections adding mental health, long covid and health (name tbd), inections, brain fog, chemo, general learning disabilities, cognitive disabilities
… with cavaat we have people to look into research

LS: what kind of research is acceptable?

LS: proposal add update user sections adding mental health long covid and brain fog, chemo etc.

<lisa> +1

<abbey> +1

<Albert> +1


<niamh> +1

<lisa> any objections?

Lisa: do we have volunteer to take new user groups?
… anyone volunteering to do update?

LS: maybe three months to read over my guess is 10 documents

Abbey: happy start on ADHD stuff

<lisa> abby: update on adhd

Niamh: rather not commit think about it

LS: Davic mental health one


LS: if exists already do we thing 10 papers is enough, 5 papers?

<lisa> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1wu0WYcvCpp-zIz2NzPk2AuTJOrzgh3T4sKQgzCa10ps/edit#heading=h.jhgeh79yam7t

LS: literary review process is the link

<lisa> for an update on out date reasrch is 10 papers enough?

LS: going to propose 10 papers?

LS: are we comforable with that?

<lisa> how to do a lit review ? https://docs.google.com/document/d/1wu0WYcvCpp-zIz2NzPk2AuTJOrzgh3T4sKQgzCa10ps/edit#heading=h.jhgeh79yam7t

<lisa> next item

Abbey: think 10 is good, aiming for 10, epecially if its going to be updated

LS: aim is 10 if haven’t done 10 come back to group

<lisa> aim for ten. of cource fgo over if you feel it is useful, come back to the group if less then 10


<lisa> +1

<Albert> +1

<abbey> +1

<lisa> any objections ?

LS: objecions?

seems none

<lisa> next item

LS: Abbey thank you

<lisa> next item

LS: David did you look at CTAUR?

DS: Yeah

LS: going through CTAUR

<lisa> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CJhBYRI-zk2rl_mohHZ63xAGZxzpDMxhHhXT66bjFBI/edit

Collabortion Tools Accessibility User Requirments

LS: devid taking over liaison to check loads of comments got into github

DS: going to do for meeting Wednesday

LS: trying to make it easy to find.

DS: yeah inline comments and put in

LS: bienig the sort of interpretor

LS: really good for communication, don’t think we are tagged on any of these issues or that you are tagged at least

LS: vert hard to track, conversation in github we don’t know about it

LS: are the comments in there, want to make sure?

DS: ok

<lisa> next item

LS: we need to learn to get it right from each other

DS: will go to rqtf and APA and will report back

LS sounds good

LS: we can carry on going through proposals for mental health

LS: current poposal for COGA link

LS: we talked about COGA not sure how to handle, too many colors for example in a pattern to look at it more. what would be a good pattern about it

DS: need guidance for use of color rather than specific colors

DS: for example suggesting red for example is difficult

JK: i’m unsure about color in mental health bucket

LS: research stage working memory , doesn’t matter, only use hwo help making real, this will help people with these functional imparisment, then we give an example
… how it helps we first talk about impairments
… David do you want to help

JK; put together a google doc share between david

DS: next proposal is tricky, recognition this and proposal 6 presentaion of seach results, limit links displayed, customize presentation of links including foun size, specific use case for these
… think suggestion was to add as an example. is that going too far?

<lisa> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eKNrofGubnpQE6mO-vxmI-1MW5nA2LDj0LxebREPRGA/edit?resourcekey#gid=1686096268

LS: i go back to the research document. 11-50 partiipants

[link to research document above]

LS: going through reseach document saying that less links was better in proposal said could be new pattern or support simplification. allow less items on page.
… but we also have provide search

DS: it seems niche because we already have something related to seach

DS: except maybe shopping limit to 30 results etc

LS: think it was proble not knowing how to do search terms.

<lisa> add to 4.3.6 Provide Search (Pattern) including boolian instuctions, , reducing itmes, or catagrins, foging terms

<lisa> +1


<DavidSwallow> +1

LS: with 5, 6 and 7 we’d like to add to 4.6.3 provide serahc instruction reduce number of items, f

<lisa> albert +1, but needs more discusion

Abbey: navigatin ecommertcce. ocd is about completion, have to scroll for all options before purchase. i open 50 tabs for one term search

Albert: what help is to have a filter based on price, reviews, that actually works

Albert: those kind of things help me

Albert: can give guidance for accessibile serach pattern

LS: also to find

JK: to reduce number of results

Alberty: yes

Albert: also reduce results if you put in quotes get exact result for example, a lot more filters help narrow down faster, more efficiently

Albert: in search, it will search in accordance it filters and give suggestions to help narrow down, which is very helpful to narrow down

Albert: not knowing term exactly, assisted search to help find, really helps. if term without much background knowledge

LS: assist user to find what want, with new ranges, options, etc. put into propsed pattern changes


<Albert> +1

Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by scribe.perl version 221 (Fri Jul 21 14:01:30 2023 UTC).


Maybe present: [11, Alberty, DS, JK, kirkwood, Lisa, LS, Niamh, od, Rachael, Racheal

All speakers: [11, Abbey, Albert, Alberty, DS, JK, kirkwood, Lisa, LS, Niamh, od, Rachael, Racheal

Active on IRC: abbey, Albert, DavidSwallow, kirkwood, lisa, niamh, Rachael