APA Teleconference

27 Sep 2023


gpellegrino, Irfan, janina, mgarrish, niklasegger, PaulG, Roy
gpellegrino, janina, niklasegger

Meeting minutes

<janina> /join #rqtf

Agenda Review & Announcements

janina: we have an agenda for today
… we have an urgent issue from publishing group
… any announcement to share?
… Matthew will not partecipate to the call, he's busy

TPAC 2023 Followup - https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Meetings/TPAC_2023

janina: the outcomes were great
… to much to talk about in only one session
… the URI of the agenda is the same we used at TPAC, so you can check that page
… TPAC was great, all meetings were very productive
… some groups were not sure about creating a repository for symbols for WAI-Adaptive

Epub Note Special Request https://w3c.github.io/epub-specs/epub33/a11y-exemption/

janina: instead of using unicode

janina: we had a request for Publishing Maintenance Group
… there is a law in EU that provides an exception for publishers for producing accessible publications
… we can't modify a lot, since it is the law

Matt: yes, there are three exceptions (micro-enterprise, disporpotionated burden, fundamental alteration)
… these metadata are already available in ONIX standard, we would link to sync EPUB metadata with the supply chain standard
… this metadata we'll be used for displaying metadata to endusers and to have statistics

gpellegrino: yes, it was requests by the Federation of European Publishers to have data after the European Accessibility Act will take in place
… so they can have numbers of publications that are not accessible, to maybe ask for public funding to fix those

janina: is there any question?
… is there any objection to approve the publication to the document?

RESOLUTION: APA approves and supports the Epub Note on accessibility metadata and does not object to the Note's publication.

New Charters Review https://github.com/w3c/strategy/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3A%22Horizontal+review+requested%22

WebApps WG 2023 Rechartering

<Roy> - charter: https://w3c.github.io/webappswg/charter/draft-charter-2023.html

<Roy> - issue: w3c/strategy#383

Roy: I don't think there are any big chances to last time

janina: I think we can it sign off (no objection from the group)

Device and Sensors WG 2023 Rechartering

<Roy> - charter: https://w3c.github.io/das-charter/das-wg-charter.html

<Roy> - issue: w3c/strategy#429

janina: This is a interesting one, due to the haptics group from China

janina: I think we should aks for a updated spec, that supports more precision (like we saw in the TPAC meeting)

<Roy> "An API allowing web applications to interface with haptic actuators, such as vibration motors found on gamepad controllers, and potentially other devices that provide haptic feedback."

<Roy> Tencent

janina: At least we would like to know, if more precision in the haptics spec is possible.

janina: Action on me to write them an email

Accessibility EOWG re-charter

<Roy> - charter: https://w3c.github.io/charter-drafts/2023/eowg-charter-2023.html

<Roy> - issue: w3c/strategy#428

Roy: Do we have any request for them?

janina: I propose we should take a week to look at it. Talk about it next week

A11y Review Comment Tracker https://w3c.github.io/horizontal-issue-tracker/?repo=w3c/a11y-review

Roy: Nothing new there, but still remaining ones

Explicit Review Requests https://github.com/w3c/a11y-request/issues

W3C Securing Verifiable Credentials using JOSE and COSE

<Roy> - issue: w3c/a11y-request#68

Roy: They want us to review this document until october

Roy: However, Lionel is not here, who did it last time

Roy: Said no special date, but probably until end of october

janina: Will talk to Lionel

new on TR http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html

CSS Transitions Level 2

<Roy> - tracker: https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/CSS_Transitions_Level_2

<Roy> - spec: https://www.w3.org/TR/css-transitions-2/

PaulG: The transition stuff has not been an issue for a11y, but didn't look at this spec specifily.Will take a look

CSS Update (Paul) https://github.com/w3c/css-a11y/issues

janina: Matthew and I were really impressed with the CSS meeting, and they were impressed by you Paul

PaulG: I reviewed the issues ahead of time, but nothing jumped out. With Scott O'hara being part with some suggestions we are in good hands

Actions Checkin (Specs) https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/open

janina: Wonderful meeting with web security about well known uri. We propose several uri that have bubbled up from coga. Matthew voluntered to be the main author

janina: Other TPAC results: We are going to continue work on User cases (Web of things)

janina: ... new github issues filed for COGA and RQTF. We will publish a new working draft until the end of the year

PaulG: Update from pronunciation: We were going to beef up our use cases. We need to better convey the use cases. Allowing AT to deligate to the user agent (browser) to use the speech api -> might help to convice some browser vendors, right now they/ some don't see the benefits

Task Force & Deliverables Updates

Other Business

be done

Summary of resolutions

  1. APA approves and supports the Epub Note on accessibility metadata and does not object to the Note's publication.
Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by scribe.perl version 221 (Fri Jul 21 14:01:30 2023 UTC).


No scribenick or scribe found. Guessed: niklasegger

Maybe present: Matt

All speakers: gpellegrino, janina, Matt, PaulG, Roy

Active on IRC: gpellegrino, Irfan, janina, mgarrish, niklasegger, PaulG, Roy