Cognitive and Learning Disabilities Accessibility Task Force Teleconference

17 July 2023


becca_monteleone, DavidSwallow, Jennie, julierawe, JustineP, Rachael, Rain
EA, Eric, eric_hind_

Meeting minutes

<Jennie> *Thanks Eric!

<Lisa> https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/coga/wiki/Scribe_list

Rachael notes that there will be training in August; there will be 3 new groups; motion, content order, timing and interruptions.

<Rachael> Draft AG meeting process: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1oD7M3b9i0iPMIKoakjwOOcEZH1h6hsjBuOXEqPPzoAQ/edit#heading=h.1o3pppa9gh4v

<Rachael> Early example link: w3c/wcag3#2 (comment)

<Rachael> 3 subgroups that are starting: Harm from motion Monday 8 am for 8 weeks

Rain: individuals should note that each group is a commit of about 4 hours/week

<Rachael> Content Order Monday 10 Eastern

<Rachael> Timing and interruptions Mondays at 12 noon eastern

Julie: We have gone through content usable, looking for sprint teams. Rachael: sent to either AG Plan or Wilco and Rachael.

Lisa: Everyone can review these documents ahead of time for next week when we'll walk through it.

Rachael: please connect with me if interested in the subgroups at any point

<julierawe> Here is the doc that Katy and I put together of the parts of Content Usable that are relevant to the new WCAG 3 sprint groups: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1m-vnccylky4-jWxWGuw3_JZCSajWK-5WQu1CKdeGdG4/edit

<Lisa> nect item

<Lisa> next item

<Rain> Link to next version of content useable, restructure proposal: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1KHWpKAWOb6p7r-WdrdDUIqFB3BCVnLjRYVcEBM88hPQ/edit#heading=h.cusjdumtyv7i

Rain: Looking for feedback by July 6th but need more subgroup input. Ideally by Wednesday.

Rain: The ask... #1. Task force to review by Wednesday...

Rachael and Rain talk about how the document would be structure; 1 document that allows better version control. But different documents would be a potential way to address different needs.

Rain: Meet on the 20th to review existing, and new comments.. with Justine and Eric? Yes, they can meetup.

<Rain> Thursday July 20th time is 11am ET / 8am PT -- join link same as for this meeting: https://www.w3.org/2017/08/telecon-info_coga

<Lisa> https://docs.google.com/document/d/15HtPkkYx1CIl6bAwP2nsSZKhqTVbqcuMDRz5RmtmvXg/edit

Julie asked Rain about the new structure wrt smaller numbers of objectives?

Rain explained the proposed changes; reduced structure plus a custom view of content, role, etc. This is based on the card sorts from earlier; there was a diverse range of expectations.

<Lisa> next item

Lisa: Jenny and Lisa review the CTAUR comment and editing history so far. There may not be enough text around user requirement (yet).

<julierawe> +1 to Rain's suggestion

<JustineP> +1 to Rain

+1 to rain

<Rain> +1 to add neurodiverse to the document

<Jennie> +1

<Jennie> * And Jennie was paraphrasing suggestions made by COGA members in a variety of documents

Lisa: Walked through the existing comments and brought up the ones where there was ambiguity or a lack of clarity (e.g. what does WYSIWYG mean to most people, adding more text around content usable, adding or changing individual words or definitions, expanding suggested requirements)

<Jennie> Looks really good Lisa!

Lisa: Proposal; send the document to the list, especially John and Shawn, to ensure everyone is comfortable with it. By end of week for review.

<Jennie> +1

<Lisa> next item

<Rain> +1

Lisa: Tasks/Action item updates as well as subgroups.

Lisa: Reminder, review issue papers on conversational interfaces, and wayfinding (per Actoin item)

Lisa: Mental Health group... David: the page is cleaned up, the additional analysis is in-progress (no time commit yet to finish). Additional paper review mostly done.

Lisa: Making content usable is slightly late, but should be done in good order and done soon.

Lisa and Jenny talked about Images subgroup; there have been scheduling difficulties but working forward.

Working with WCAG 3: Discuss Clear language tasks

W3C and Internationalization: Katie to co-chair but looking for a co-lead and is recruiting for the group.

Julie may be able to co-lead with Katie (short term).

Testing Strategy: Jennie to add current draft. Group on hold for now.

<Jennie> Have a good week!

Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by scribe.perl version 210 (Wed Jan 11 19:21:32 2023 UTC).


Maybe present: Julie, Lisa

All speakers: Julie, Lisa, Rachael, Rain

Active on IRC: becca_monteleone, DavidSwallow, eric_hind_, Jennie, julierawe, JustineP, Lisa, Rachael, Rain