APA Weekly Teleconference

31 May 2023


Alisa_Smith, Fredrik, janina, Lionel, matatk, PaulG, Roy
janina, matatk

Meeting minutes

Agenda Review & Announcements

matatk: Notes ghurlhub set up for all TF

FAST Task Force CfC Closes Tonight https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa-admin/2023May/0000.html

matatk: Notes voting to date, and invites any additional responses

New APA Charter Voting Started https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/33280/apa-wg-recharter/

matatk: AC voting continues until 20 June

janina: Notes a friendly comment we will accept

Roy: Will work on adding as PR and share with Chairs

[discussion of who to ping for voting]

TPAC 2023 Planning

matatk: Notes a draft schedule exists; we need to check and indicate our satisfaction/concern

matatk: Hope to do it this week

matatk: Notes registration likely mid June

matatk: The APA Wiki


matatk: Anything missing? Please advise

matatk: Note times on our wiki not confirmed; but what we requested

matatk: Feel free to add agenda, or tell us about details

matatk: If adding a meeting, please ping us--and soon

New Charters Review https://github.com/w3c/strategy/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3A%22Horizontal+review+requested%22

no new charters this week

Explicit Review Requests https://github.com/w3c/a11y-request/issues

Verifiable Credential Data Integrity

<Roy> - issue: w3c/a11y-request#61

<Roy> - tracking: https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Verifiable_Credential_Data_Integrity_1.0

Roy: notes 3 relevant documents for our review

Roy: by August

Roy: Notes they have a FAST self-review in their repo

<Roy> w3c/a11y-request#61

[discussion on how APA can track issues from other WG]

Lionel: has accepted this action/issue

matatk: we want to avoid duplicative issues--but we also need APA tracking

matatk: Notes that anyone can see issues assigned to them

<Roy> w3c/a11y-request#61

matatk: Notes people signed up are well supported by github

matatk: Remaining conversation is management of issues the WG cares about

CSS Update (Paul) https://github.com/w3c/css-a11y/issues

PaulG: Nothing from CSS

Actions Checkin (Specs) https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/open


matatk: notes an Interest Group is not a Working Group -- discusses the distinction

matatk: We advised our intention to upversion the MAUR last published 2015

matatk: The IG proposed slightly different wording; we need to consider

[Matthew reads questions from our IG Charter comment]

matatk: Notes support to update MAUR

matatk: notes existing language that references -- proposed alternative language

matatk: Also notes an invite to come and discuss

janina: Only concern is our also expect html enhancements; so outside IG scope; and being clear we're doing that is probably a way to avoid misunderstanding going forward


matatk: notes we'll sort out next steps incl responses, participation

matatk: janina will respond

Task Force & Deliverables Updates


janina: Good discussion with Lisa in planning call yesterday. CTAUR would love to get some COGA feedback; pinged on that; will contiue with an updated WD, and welcome COGA feedback.
… It's been ~6mo since last CTAUR update; want to meet W3C expectations and publish early and often.
… We also talked about AGWG's working procedures. They're becoming more reliant on GitHub. Mentioned the tooling matatk is working on to help us track issues.


<Roy> w3c/maur

janina: Raja has offered a student to help work on possible FAST interdependencies

matatk: Notes things from StarTrek that have "eventuated" are communications and data storage

matatk: We're still awaiting the transporter!

lionel: Notes 2001 two astronauts looking at their individual tablets--very today!


matatk: will ping when I update a few responses

PaulG: Did have mtg; have some feedback -- mixed, much as anticipated

PaulG: Still hoping feedback esp from the big companies before we declare victory

matatk: Notes we're trying to cast a wide net for feedback

matatk: Any others?

janina: Notes Maturity busy!

Other Business

matatk: Reviews several pending items re WoT; all good but in process

be done

Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by scribe.perl version 210 (Wed Jan 11 19:21:32 2023 UTC).


All speakers: janina, Lionel, matatk, PaulG, Roy

Active on IRC: Alisa_Smith, Fredrik, janina, Lionel, matatk, PaulG, Roy