Cognitive and Learning Disabilities Accessibility Task Force Teleconference

15 May 2023


aaronchu, Becca_Monteleone, DavidSwallow, julierawe, Kiki, kirkwood, lisa, Rain, rashmi

Meeting minutes

<Lisa> genda+ updates and actions https://docs.google.com/document/d/15HtPkkYx1CIl6bAwP2nsSZKhqTVbqcuMDRz5RmtmvXg/edit#heading=h.ka7r1m4q5vkc

<Lisa> when to hold subgroup meetings ? do we keep https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/coga/wiki/Subgroups?

<Lisa> genda+ Setting sprints and actions - subgroup managment actions https://docs.google.com/document/d/15HtPkkYx1CIl6bAwP2nsSZKhqTVbqcuMDRz5RmtmvXg/edit#heading=h.ka7r1m4q5vkc

<Zakim> jeanne, you wanted to say text appearance

<lisa> remind me in 50

<lisa> remind me in 50 minutes

<Rain> https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/coga/wiki/Scribe_list

<lisa> zakim next item

Setting sprints and actions - subgroup managment actions https://docs.google.com/document/d/15HtPkkYx1CIl6bAwP2nsSZKhqTVbqcuMDRz5RmtmvXg/edit#heading=h.ka7r1m4q5vkc

<lisa> https://docs.google.com/document/d/15HtPkkYx1CIl6bAwP2nsSZKhqTVbqcuMDRz5RmtmvXg/edit#heading=h.12hqo9jz1vxh

<Becca_Monteleone> Lisa: Sharng actions document to review new section on subgroup management. Groups should review KPIs. We need to define sprints for each group

<lisa> timeline https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JXa94s2lbzJ0v9FHasxxws3CsOcljHHBdlQ2VOxYqAQ/edit#heading=h.ykqwx9vsxdya

<Becca_Monteleone> Lisa: Structure Review and Mental Health subgroups have next sprints defined

<Becca_Monteleone> Lisa: spoke to Rachael - they are getting ready to start 5 active subgroups for WCAG next week. Active subgroups are bolded on doc.

<Becca_Monteleone> Lisa: For WCAG coordination we could continue Clear Language or start focusing on Help. Or have parallel sprints.

<Becca_Monteleone> Lisa: Clear Language is not an active subgroup for WCAG right now.

<Becca_Monteleone> Julie: Clear language was one of the first groups to do a sprint so that's likely why it's not listed as active. The first Clear Language sprint is done. We're ready for COGA feedback and then we'll collect feedback through WCAG 3 folks. While waiting, Clear Language could go through content usable and provide feedback for the next teams starting sprints

<Becca_Monteleone> Lisa: demonstrating how to set up a task with new template

<Becca_Monteleone> Julie: Will send email to whole COGA task force to clarify what feedback Clear Language is looking for. We may need something for the whole task force other than assigning in template. People may not regularly check sections for subgroups they're not in.

<kirkwood> can we change name to Whole Task Force rather than whole group?

<Becca_Monteleone> Lisa: Do people prefer for a single table? Or keep subgroup tables separate?

<kirkwood> I share Julie’s concern

<Becca_Monteleone> Lisa: Propose using it for a few weeks and then reassessing

<Becca_Monteleone> Rain: Could whole task forse tasks get added into the advanced agendas in addition to the subgroup tables?

<Becca_Monteleone> Lisa: Having to check additional documents may increase complexity

<Becca_Monteleone> Lisa: Will add table at top of actions doc with full task force reviews/asks

<Becca_Monteleone> Lisa: Test Plan and Strategy subgroup - no reps present. Working on testing patterns.

<Becca_Monteleone> Lisa: we have a KPI for creating an exploratory draft for how to test processes rather than patterns. Is anyone interested in taking up that work?

<Becca_Monteleone> Lisa: There is a table of contents already, but needs to be developed further.

<Becca_Monteleone> Rain: May be interested, but needs to think about timeline

<Becca_Monteleone> Aaron: Interested in getting involved with process work for Test Plan, but needs to think about time commitment

<Becca_Monteleone> Rain: Images subgroup meeting Friday and should fill in sprint then

<Becca_Monteleone> Lisa: Met with Accidental Ally; team of people with intellectual disabilities who produce images. Team can provide feedback and/or if we give them clear instructions, they could produce images.

<kirkwood> positive feedback examples only? as a possiblity… know thats tough

<Becca_Monteleone> Lisa: will ask Accidental Ally to gather pre-existing good and bad example images

<Becca_Monteleone> Lisa: Community group - KPI for feedback from 3-5 different groups.

<Becca_Monteleone> Kiki: Working on finding ways to have people contribute that aren't just coming from the community group. Launched form to reach broader communities. Will share responses with COGA

<Kiki> Here is the form responses we have gotten so far: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12xU2KfO3J5c9fIWenSrYxi87hJtl2OXerWYwyBlR-p0/edit#gid=2107937276

<Becca_Monteleone> Lisa: need to think through best ways to collect feedback from people with intellectual disabilities and dementia. Forms may be difficult for some. Kiki and Rain have been doing 1-on-1 interviews to help address this.

<Becca_Monteleone> Rain: 1-on-1 or focus group interviews; having COGA task force members or community group go directly to organizations

<kirkwood> +1 to user feedback sessions.

<Becca_Monteleone> Rain: Has most success doing very small groups (3-4 people) vs. 1-on-1 or large focus groups

<julierawe> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JKJ32DK_A82ahsQ_k0RVPc-ZYpX5uuKtuGOLdo2OqyY/edit#

<Becca_Monteleone> Julie: Clear Language has finished revising list of outcomes. Changed from small number of outcomes with nested tests to an expanded list where each outcome has one test. Asking COGA to provide feedback on missing outcomes, outcomes that should be removed, etc

<Becca_Monteleone> Julie: Comments directly on doc is fine

<Becca_Monteleone> Lisa: Will add to agenda for next week.

<Becca_Monteleone> Lisa: Could order be changed and some headers added to group outcomes together?

<Becca_Monteleone> Lisa: How does internationalization influence Clear Language outcomes?

<kirkwood> need to drop

<Becca_Monteleone> Julie: Could we have conditional tests for certain languages and then expand as our expertise expands?

<Rain> just realized I'm late to a meeting, will catch up on the minutes!

<julierawe> Correction to the transcript: We were told we could have conditional tests by language

<Becca_Monteleone> Aaron: Noting that "tense" means different things across languages

<Becca_Monteleone> Aaron: Are tests meant to be manual only?

<Becca_Monteleone> Lisa: Do not want to limit by what automated tests exist

<aaronchu> yeah, happy to do look over the doc.

<Becca_Monteleone> Julie: Katie has connections to international easy language group

<Becca_Monteleone> Need to drop off! Thanks!

Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by scribe.perl version 210 (Wed Jan 11 19:21:32 2023 UTC).


Active on IRC: aaronchu, Becca_Monteleone, DavidSwallow, julierawe, Kiki, kirkwood, Lisa, lisa, Rachael, Rain, rashmi