Cognitive and Learning Disabilities Accessibility Task Force Teleconference

06 October 2022


AbbeyD, Fazio, Jennie, julerawe, kirkwood, lisa, Poornima, Rachael, Rain, rashmi, Roy
Aaron, Albert, EA, Kris Anne (partial)

Meeting minutes


<rashmi> Welome Abbey

Lisa offers orientation session

scribe sign up https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/coga/wiki/Scribe_list

Lisa: sign up for future scribing

<lisa> close item 1

Rain: Content Usable - structure brain storms shared with community group. meeting next week will evaluate brain storms. Qualitative study is coming close to completion

Lisa: Survey is ready

<lisa> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xXjHPCfWm00iAJqmjdwFq_RQ80vKwwxFAoiEGI3NOlM/edit#gid=1485617472

Lisa: Research Documents Survey above

<kirkwood> link above is to COGA TF Survey Outreach Record

Lisa: Jenny: Images meeting tomorrow. Graphic designer changed jobs, but should be able to attend

Lisa: APA Verifiable credentials discussed

Julie: Shadi says follow up questions helpful for EO scripts.

Julie: Videos tied to end of year funding

Jennie: shares news on cognitive work she receives

updates and actions https://docs.google.com/document/d/15HtPkkYx1CIl6bAwP2nsSZKhqTVbqcuMDRz5RmtmvXg/edit#heading=h.1bvszq5s0esc also look at https://docs.google.com/document/d/1n_pV-lbgorW2oihIB4EdONOFN0EcRmBAkmUEEPdTAEw/edit#

<lisa> close item 2

collaboration_Tool_Accessibility. Comments are at https://docs.google.com/document/d/1odt2eWGeJT06S2xdW2H3ymTHOTa0QWkscNSEphNI1og/edit# . AND...doc to review: collaboration_Tool_Accessibility <https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/task-forces/research-questions/wiki/Collaboration_Tool_Accessibility

<Jennie> https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/task-forces/research-questions/wiki/Collaboration_Tool_Accessibility

collaboration tool accessibility - Lisa concerned previous documents with coga concerns may not be in new doc

Jennie: how much does coga want to be vested in giving examples in collaboration tool doc?

<Jennie> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1odt2eWGeJT06S2xdW2H3ymTHOTa0QWkscNSEphNI1og/edit#

Jennie: Rain and Lisa can give access to Google doc

Kirkwood: Header with clear purpose of doc is needed

Lisa: screen reader users seem to manage github better than coga. Ok that we have more issues in doc

Poornima: how does this collaborative tool doc apply to websites?

Jennie: collaborative tools are used throughout W3C work.

Poornima: are all accesibility barriers included in the issues in the doc?

Jennie: Feedback doc is specific to COGA

Lisa: APA does a lot of user need reviews

Jennie: term collaborative tool has broader use case than just github. Should feedback be broader than just Github?

<kirkwood> suggestion, list the names of all tools as examples

Lisa: absolutely. Although main focus now is github

Jennie/Lisa: identify features without referencing vendor

Kirkwood: should name all tools

<lisa> google docs, github, excel online

Jennie: can we lis examples of tools from entire Task Force?


<lisa> wikpedia editing mode

<kirkwood> google, docs, sheets, microsoft word, excel, ppt, github

<Rain> +1 to slack, it is definitely a collaboration tool

<Jennie> Team, Microsoft Office tools like Word and Excel, SharePoint

<Rachael> slack, google docs, irc, email, surveys

<Poornima> Google docs, Chat function (on websites like Gmail)?, Slack, Microsoft Teams,

<kirkwood> I don’t think we should do chat? would we need to do email as well?

Lisa: Are chat systems in scope?

<kirkwood> no to slack

<Poornima> No to Chat

<Poornima> Figma?

<kirkwood> agee with collaborating editing tools

<kirkwood> s/colloaborating/collaborative

Jennie: IRC may fit. collaborating on minutes may apply.


<kirkwood> respectfully disagree

Technically I think Jennie is correct

No worries John :)

<Poornima> How about Skype and Google Meet?

<kirkwood> think it shouldn’t include IRC

<Poornima> and zoom too :)

<kirkwood> good point there are many design tools like figma

Abby: does this include products like Figma?

I can bring the scope question up in APA next week

<kirkwood> Adobe has many as well

Lisa: Action Items - Clarify scope, review previous versions for inclusion, write up issues, begin with known products in scope. Don't worry about redundancy

<kirkwood> Where and how do you want feedback?

Jennie: add feedback in as comments?

Lisa: may not work for long comments

Kirkwood: prefers comments

Poornima: prefers comments

<lisa> document for your comments: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1odt2eWGeJT06S2xdW2H3ymTHOTa0QWkscNSEphNI1og/edit#

<Jennie> Jennie's email: jennie.delisi@state.mn.us

Lisa: add comments to list or write to Lisa or Jennie

EO update

<lisa> close item 4

Recruiting (if time)

Lisa: recruiting research organizations related to coga is important

<lisa> https://docs.google.com/document/d/15HtPkkYx1CIl6bAwP2nsSZKhqTVbqcuMDRz5RmtmvXg/edit#heading=h.6co50luve41b

<lisa> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1DoohB2-tREjXx7PF6sCi3jLt6OrjE1ciAb0Dcb7FgyU/edit#heading=h.fuatm6qk6a2h

Lisa: we want feedback from current researchers

Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by scribe.perl version 192 (Tue Jun 28 16:55:30 2022 UTC).


Failed: s/colloaborating/collaborative

Maybe present: Abby, Jennie/Lisa, Julie