Cognitive and Learning Disabilities Accessibility Task Force Teleconference

09 Jun 2022


Jennie, Rain, Le, lisa, julierawe, Rachael, ShawnT, kirkwood, krisanne, Rashmi, JustineP, Becca_Monteleone, Fazio, Roy, aaronchu


COGA TF weekly meeting

need a scribe

<julierawe> Am I in the wrong zoom? I'm the only one here??

<Rain> Yes, though you weren't the only one

<Rain> above was to Julie

<Rain> scribe: Rashmi

<ShawnT> Le has an outage so they might be late

Check in with sub-groups and COGA Action Items - https://docs.google.com/document/d/15HtPkkYx1CIl6bAwP2nsSZKhqTVbqcuMDRz5RmtmvXg/edit

Julie: No updates from EO side

Aron: Our next step is to compile the document and send it to stakeholders

<Jennie> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JXa94s2lbzJ0v9FHasxxws3CsOcljHHBdlQ2VOxYqAQ/edit#

Jennie: For guardianship draft we are Wating for Michael cooper for the meeting.
... About image subgroup,in next meeting we will be reviewing images so request everybody to give their in input next meeting.

<Jennie> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1IhWn77FIixjjOmv09aNMCSlJlnZvGapybS_7XSR8xno/edit

<Jennie> *Yeah Rashmi!

<Jennie> *Nice Aaron!

<Rain> Subgroup leadership updates: Rashmi taking on mental health, Aaron, taking on research plan

<aaronchu> Notes on Research and Planning Subgroup -- https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XEd6CaM2PVe2NVMmylCGwpSRmaIZPBGeM5CyJxkswFQ

[Lisa] Functional needs review - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ndRziXRfnyAgDaL8ctByQagDdM36H8QxV44lO3u8zgc/edit#

Lisa: Aaron will take leadership for Reseacrh Planning subgroup and Rashmi will take leadership of mental health subgroup

Rain: Asked Lisa how we wants to go through the document ?

Lisa: We will go row by row after once we take quick review of the whole document

<Fazio> +1 expressive

<Fazio> +1 both

<Rain> a+

Lisa,Rain,Julie and all discussed about how we should put pointers for learning and understanding especially for math related perception

<kirkwood> motor mememory is very important +1 to Rain

<kirkwood> +1 to self regulation in both

Lisa ,Rain John Kirkwood,Jennie Discussed about whether emotional control should be placed in Executive with the word self regulations.

[Rachael] Conditional tests

<Rachael> https://w3c.github.io/silver/guidelines/#testing

Lisa: Some buckets are missing like processing, knowledge,executive function,abstraction that can be taken care of .

Rachael: We are putting this in editor's draft as exploratory
... There are lots of questions around the document ,the first one is concept of unconditional test

[Lisa] Functional needs review - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ndRziXRfnyAgDaL8ctByQagDdM36H8QxV44lO3u8zgc/edit#

<Rain> +1 to adding a processing bucket

[Rachael] Conditional tests

Rachael: discussing Section 4.1.2 conditional test

its hard to test COGA criteria as per conventional test process ,as needs varies from site to site

Jennie: This was the thing we were talking about in last week's subgroup meeting

<kirkwood> presence of alt text. then the ‘relevance’ of alt text, no?

Rachael: Its the wording we are using for judgement call and the convention that has this

<Lisa> reminder we were asked to finish .55

Julie: Example of conditional test are bit confusing..

11am-12pm ET: Subgroup meetings: Mental Health (Lisa) and Subgroup Structure (Rain)

mental health - home page: https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/coga/wiki/Subgroups/Mental_Health mental health reaserch tracking: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XWmikm5Ein5CQ02knEJ5iGzO1YJMilTMBJ_aLVCTzs0/edit#heading=h.bc4vqyklmnk0 Please add your review at [Form for adding new reserch]: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeGrqJKV7RluoYrKHJN8cBJH3w9sDx7lAlAhcV0BeBTUVybkw/viewform spreadsheet with papers reviewed so far:https://doc[CUT]

<Jennie> *Have a good week everyone!

<julierawe> I can't join subgroup meeting — need to go to a school ceremony now, thanks!

Thnaks you everyone.

<aaronchu> I am going to drop, thank you everyone!

<Rain> RRSAgent: make minutes

<Lisa> RRSAgent: make minutes

<Lisa> ah done...

<Rain> For structure group: survey: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1n_pV-lbgorW2oihIB4EdONOFN0EcRmBAkmUEEPdTAEw/edit

<Rain> ARRM: https://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/wiki/ARRM_Project_-_Accessibility_Roles_and_Responsibilities_Mapping

<ShawnT> https://deploy-preview-3--wai-arrm.netlify.app/planning/arrm/roles/

<Lisa> https://www.w3.org/groups/tf/cognitive-a11y-tf/participants

<Lisa> https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/coga/wiki/Subgroups

<Lisa> RRSAgent: make minutes

<Rain> Structure subgroup next steps: Rain to create the form based on the "finalized" questions, then share with the Task Force for review before publishing

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.200 (CVS log)
$Date: 2022/06/09 15:56:46 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision VERSION of 2020-12-31
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: Irssi_ISO8601_Log_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Default Present: Jennie, Rain, Le, lisa, julierawe, Rachael, ShawnT, kirkwood, krisanne, Rashmi, JustineP, Becca_Monteleone, Fazio, Roy, aaronchu
Present: Jennie, Rain, Le, lisa, julierawe, Rachael, ShawnT, kirkwood, krisanne, Rashmi, JustineP, Becca_Monteleone, Fazio, Roy, aaronchu
Found Scribe: Rashmi
Inferring ScribeNick: Rashmi

WARNING: No date found!  Assuming today.  (Hint: Specify
the W3C IRC log URL, and the date will be determined from that.)
Or specify the date like this:
<dbooth> Date: 12 Sep 2002

People with action items: 

WARNING: IRC log location not specified!  (You can ignore this 
warning if you do not want the generated minutes to contain 
a link to the original IRC log.)

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]