Accessible Platform Architectures Working Group Teleconference

01 June 2022


jasonjgw, scott_h, SteveNoble
jasonjgw, Joshue108

Meeting minutes

Synchronization Accessibility User Requirements.

JW: Lets discuss these

JS: I looked back for resolution but we didn't log it correctly

It needs to be entered by the scribe

<janina> https://raw.githack.com/w3c/saur/CFC-2022June/index.html

RESOLUTION: RQTF requests APA call for consensus to publish SAUR as found at https://raw.githack.com/w3c/saur/CFC-2022June/index.html as a W3C Note

JW: Any objections

JS: This will be out at some point today - CFC

JW: Two other matters are - that Michael is still working on this

JS: Yes, we can update in place

JW: I've also circulated a draft note

JS: May need to re-ping on that

CFC open till midnight next Weds

JW: We can work on announcements

JS: We hope to publish on 14th of June

JS: There is an issue around some lost messaging

We need access to older version of messages.

JW: We can work on announcement text

Accessibility of remote meetings.

JW: There was one open issue on this

Seeking clarification on applicability of WCAG to content presented during remote meeting

There is an open PR on this

Adds a clarification

If content is shared via screen sharing it should still be accessible a la WCAG

JW: There are also comments from Matt Atkinson - I've pinged him on this.

We can integrate suggestions

Do we want to merge now or wait for comments

SH: +1 to merging change

Good job Jason

JW: Discusses bit mapped videos being relayed as video tracks

Screen reader and other tools are being considered - as well as transferring info via A11y API across that channel

JW: My suggested change isn't dependent

SH: Q, on when standards change etc e.g. a la WCAG 2.2

do we need to revisit our references?

JS: There is no general rule - if we need to accomodate or update a la newer guideance we can - but that is more substantial

There are processes

SH: In some place there may be editorial tweaks needed etc - that answers that.

JS: Could be 22, or 23

JS: Maybe later this year

<Discussion on charters>

JW: There could be new guidance needed

JS: Referencing SAUR etc

JW: Closing thoughts? I'll merge that change

Inaccessibility of CAPTCHA.

JW: There is ongoing work

JS: There has been dialog but still in same spot

JW: When will we revisit?

JS: Next week good

Accessibility of collaboration tools.

JW: Some small progress here

I've been working on this - looking at potential requirements etc

Added some text etc

Relates to 4.1.3 - a la WCAG 2.1 - Status Messages

I've attempted to document some of the issues and we invite contributions

JS: That SC may need an update

JW: The requirement is to notify the AT, the AT doesn't have to pass that on.

JS: Ok

JW: There are user agent issues here

JS: This doc is related

JW: Some issues are also cognitive

The intersections are interesting

JW: Comments?

JS: Do you recall if UAAG even looked at this?

JS: Don't know for sure but think any specific interface or Real Time is ommited.

SH: I've some items to update on the wiki

JW: We can bring this back next week

and work on note

Natural Language Interface Accessibility User Requirements.

JW: Thanks to Josh for working more in this

We have some comments from Kim Patch on the draft

Some editorial and substantive

Josh has added these substantive issues to Github


We have a thread discussing - lets keep on processing the comments

We can discuss further next week

Josh: notes he has entered the issues into GitHub and invites review.

Miscellaneous topics.

JW: There is a CFC from APA regarding the reporting API

captures events and error conditions- so web service operators can understand user agent issues

That closes this week Janina?

JS: Midnight tonight

<janina> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa-admin/2022Jun/0002.html

JS: Here is the SAUR CFC

JW: Thank you Janina - you will announce in upcoming APA meeting

SN: Sounds good

RK: Regarding the publication, I've been busy but want to let you know I support the note

JW: It has good material

RK: One more thing, it has been interesting talking about user agents and the server - this does impact auditory and visual descriptions

Predictive for more use cases - will pop up in side channel communication purposes

RK: That should be communicated

JW: If a client is suppressing noise, then the error reporting should be picked up by the A11y API

JS: Yes, have a technical report generated that is clear of the error for multi modal support

Interesting use cases - if they have good mainstream applicability

JW: Thank you Raja. On point.

Are you expecting APA to work on that, or refer it here.

JS: May be here

JS: Part of our conversation with Web Performance will be interesting

To have that conversation is APA likely to look at these use cases - or do in the next month or so.

JS: Appreciate that, this group should be discussing it.

JW: I think we are agreed, Scott?

SH: Yes

JW: Lets put it on agenda next week

SN: +1

JW: Anything else we should be aware of?

Summary of resolutions

  1. RQTF requests APA call for consensus to publish SAUR as found at https://raw.githack.com/w3c/saur/CFC-2022June/index.html as a W3C Note
Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by scribe.perl version 185 (Thu Dec 2 18:51:55 2021 UTC).


Maybe present: Josh, JS, JW, RK, SH, SN