09 May 2022


CharlesL, janina, Lionel_Wolberger, Matthew_Atkinson, Roy
CharlesL, Lionel_Wolberger

Meeting minutes

TPAC 12-16 September 2022 - Plan meetings; remind chairs to fill in the form before 31 May: https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/1/LogisticsTPAC2022/ Lionel_Wolberger]

janina: there is another survey out. New to the survey to file by end of the month. who we want meetings with. Do we need any cross group meetings? Except maybe devs. needing advice. I think we will be doing more of show/tell. Personalization to ADAPT

Lionel_Wolberger: we should be in CR by September. We should go into high gear into socalization.
… , do we want meetings to promote socializing.

janina: Yes, thats what I mean by show/tell
… , expecting we will publish by end of month we need to be in CR for 60 days IP issues patent disclosers. We are still using data- but we will want to ask WHATWG for a newly assigned days, which will trigger another 60 day CR period.
… , we could be leaving CR before we get to TPAC but it will require all MUST statements with 2 implementations. My guess we will be in CR at some point when we get to TPAC.
… , We will need to be able to show this in actions. Maybe meet with Publishing, Tzviya concerns for publishers on how they can do this without undue burden on the publishers.

Lionel_Wolberger: Rendering side, implementation side (User Agents, Google / Apple, Microsoft / Edge / Firefox / Mozilla). Might get pushback have strategies for that. Roy's action 3 submit officially for CR.

janina: they may give us adapt, but they may not. WHATWG would be the group to ask for this prefix

Lionel_Wolberger: When we get the answer then we will restart the CR with the new Prefix and restart the 60 day timer.

Lionel_Wolberger: To summarize for clarity, the following milestones lay ahead
… MS#1 Advance to CR. 60 day waiting period until OK'd
… MS#2 (in parallel with MS#1) Apply to WHAT-WG for a reserved prefix to replace data- ('data dash'). Estimated time: 1W? 1M?
… MS#3 Republish CR using the assigned reserved prefix. Min 60 day waiting period until OK'd
… MS#4,5 will be 2 independent implementations of each RFC-2119 requirement

<CharlesL> scribe+ Lionel_Wolberger: Do we want to set up a meeting with WHATWG?

<CharlesL> janina: It depends on their reaction when we request the new prefix.

<CharlesL> …, I file a GitHub issue to get the new prefix. Not sure if there is a master list of them or HTML5 reserved prefixes.

<CharlesL> …, either they just give one to us or guide us through the process.

<CharlesL> …, we thought the prefix would be AUI, and we found out that it was taken and then were told to use data- for prototyping so this is where we are now.

<CharlesL> Lionel_Wolberger: is there a group for publishing in W3C?

<CharlesL> janina: Yes they are the DPUB WG. Biggest news is we are into CR

<CharlesL> …, you can take advantage of it in your content. could be done via hand but IDE's Maybe Drupal / WordPress, but not

<CharlesL> Lionel_Wolberger: we want implementers.

<CharlesL> janina: you want the Pearsons, Wileys, Benetechs etc. K-12 education. EU.

CharlesL: We should reach out to the digital publishing working group
… I can bring that up in DP-WG
… epub 3.3 is going through CR as well.
… accessibility of digital publishing is one of the specs up for CR
… Adobe may be interested for PDF to epub (and perhaps other A11Y interests)
… DAISY might be interested

<CharlesL> janina: Also coming up is our other two modules, and whats coming out of Pronunciation. Web for Children CG. our specification of Lang inadequate for TTS

<CharlesL> …, Pronunciation group wants a joint meeting with I18N, so we can identify child voice or Shakespearean voice etc.

<CharlesL> …, children are picking up languages first, especially in a refuge situation.

<CharlesL> Lionel_Wolberger: Adobe, DAISY and K-12 publishers we should meet with. How do we action K-12 interest? though EPUBs or YouTube Kids?

<CharlesL> janina: in the US there are mandates in law and publishers K-12 are aware of it and are active participants of DPUB and a11y,

<CharlesL> Lionel_Wolberger: so whats exciting about ADAPT for K-12 publisers?

<CharlesL> janina: publishers will want to take advantage to mark up their content accordingly for user agents. participation to make things personalizable.

<Zakim> janina, you wanted to react to CharlesL

<CharlesL> CharlesL: Also Reading Systems would be important, VitalSource Bookshelf, Redshelf and Thorium

Roy follow-up, the task of renaming specification docs from Personalization to Adapt, (and adding the caption)

<Roy> https://github.com/w3c/personalization-semantics/pull/205

<CharlesL> Roy: renaming items. We also need a short name.

<CharlesL> Lionel_Wolberger: short name will be on the branch w3c/ ?

<janina> adapt-content

<CharlesL> janina: Adapt-content ? only for the module

<Roy> w3.org/TR/adapt-content?

<janina> adapt-tools

<CharlesL> Matthew_Atkinson: I agree that sounds nice, there seems to me, should it be content module or content semantics module? I think just content-module.

<janina> adapt-help

<janina> +1

<CharlesL> Lionel_Wolberger: anyone object to adapt-*

<Roy> +1

<CharlesL> +1

<mike_beganyi> +1

<Matthew_Atkinson> +1 (I am OK with this; I do NOT object :-))


RESOLUTION: The short name shall be adapt-content

<CharlesL> Roy: I will rename the short name.

<CharlesL> …, there are some sentences which needed to be adjusted.

<CharlesL> …, We can do an updated working draft before the 25.

<CharlesL> janina: can we take anything up with JC?

<CharlesL> Matthew_Atkinson: I think we need lisa's view on this.

<CharlesL> janina: I will talk to Lisa with Matthew, we may be able to advance the issue.

Summary of resolutions

  1. The short name shall be adapt-content
Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by scribe.perl version 185 (Thu Dec 2 18:51:55 2021 UTC).


Succeeded: s/Daisy/DAISY

Succeeded: s/Lionel_Wolberger: Do we want to set up a meeting with WHATWG/scribe+ Lionel_Wolberger: Do we want to set up a meeting with WHATWG