Accessible Platform Architectures Working Group Teleconference

08 December 2021


janina, jasonjgw, Joshue108_, scott_h, SteveNoble
Joshue108, SteveNoble

Meeting minutes

Publication and revision of CAPTCHA Note.

<JPaton> John_Paton present+

JW: We are planning to publish with those adjustments in the FPWD - CFC finished on 6th of Dec

There has been some fine tuning of the announcements, thanks Josh and Janina

JW: I like the latest edits

JW: All lining up well - so are there any other matters that need to be resolved

JS: If we are happy with the messaging - then we have all in place.

We are publishing on the 16th

If we are in agreement on messaging - would the rest want to hear a read thru - we can do that.

JS: We should also ask for feedback on the Turing tokens etc

Privacy pass is implimented by Cloudflare.

JW: I did suggest that if there are other proposals of note - we want to know about those.

JW: Has anyone any issue with the slight expansion of our usual things?

JS: We are exposing things already that we want to change - I'm not comfortable with the standalone section.

JW: I've thoughts on the organisation.

JW: I can take an action to start opening issues on the tracker

JS: Go for it.

<gives overview of the things we want feedback on>

<jasonjgw> Janina: notes we agreed to add section 3.4 to the matters on hich review is sought.

JOC: I've updated the announcement for Shawn

JS: Anything else?

JS: If Shawn ok's it, it will go live 16th of Dec - we have time

Synchronization Accessibility User Requirements.

JW: Notes Steve has been working on open issues

Lets discuss

SN: All the issues that were brought up, look like they are old and may need to be closed.

<SteveNoble> https://github.com/w3c/apa/issues/229

This is about ASR accuracy

JOC: If we are happy to close this, then I can do that.

SN: The changes we made take care of the point

We made edits AI => Machine Learning, as well as other caveats

We've covered these issues that Nigel raised

JW: Any disagreements?

<jasonjgw> Josh will close any issues after the meeting on which decisions were taken

<SteveNoble> https://github.com/w3c/apa/issues/228

SN: Josh added this section to the editors note

JW: Fully integrated

SN: We can close

JOC: I'll take care of that.

<SteveNoble> https://github.com/w3c/apa/issues/196

SN: Jason was to create a biblo.js file - or I can do it with some info.

JW: I can do it.

JS: We do want to do it.

<Discussion on biblio.js>

JOC: Takes an action to create a biblio.js for SAUR.

Needed by 16th Dec

<SteveNoble> https://github.com/w3c/apa/issues/195

SN: This was an early issue raised before the draft was completed

This was all done - to be closed

<SteveNoble> https://github.com/w3c/apa/issues/194

SN: This is the addtion of a summary and recommendation section

JW: There was another related question

Should we mark the earlier one as a duplicate.

This is related to issue 248

<SteveNoble> https://github.com/w3c/apa/issues/248

SN: The other substantive comments were from James Sandford - suggesting a rewrite of a study that he did

Suggestion discussion around the translation of latency and caption.

<SteveNoble> https://github.com/w3c/apa/issues/247

<SteveNoble> https://github.com/w3c/apa/issues/237

SN: I'm setting aside some time to read that study and figure out what to say in the draft

SN: These last three require some work 248, 247, 237 - the rest can be closed

JOC: I'll take care of that

jasonjgw: Seems that we have covered SAUR issues.

Accessibility of remote Meetings.

scott_h: A number of open issues on remote meetings

scott_h: Issue #261 - automated captions

scott_h: Commenter mentioned issues with caption accuracy

scott_h: Suggesting that we mention ASR is better than one at all, but understanding that human captions are better

scott_h: correction "...better than none at all"

scott_h: Issue #260 screen sharing

scott_h: Discussion around how API impacts screen sharing

scott_h: A lot depends upon the content actually being shared

scott_h: Some 3rd party plugins may help

jasonjgw: Most times this is just shared as a video screen; the general recommendation has been to share files separately

jasonjgw: Not sure if there is an interest in tool developers to solve any of these issues in the underlying technologies

scott_h: Since these 3rd party tools are not well developed, we may just want to close this issue

scott_h: We mention making resources available to all participants in an accessible version before a meeting as the goal

janina: Point that having to depend upon a screen reader output during a meeting is a hindrance to participation

janina: COGA is reviewing lots of documents

janina: They are currently using Google docs to capture their comments (not GitHub)

janina: Will pass on links to these docs when they are available to us

janina: Will look at a future meeting date for a joint call

jasonjgw: We will need to time to digest their comments; so probably will have to wait to January for a joint call

jasonjgw: Our next call is Dec 15; last for the year

Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by scribe.perl version 185 (Thu Dec 2 18:51:55 2021 UTC).


Succeeded: s/stidy/study

Maybe present: JOC, JS, JW, SN