WoT Marketing

13 July 2021


Daniel_Peintner, Ege_Korkan, Kaz_Ashimura, Michael_McCool, Philipp_Blum, Sebastian_Kaebisch, Tomoaki_Mizushima

Meeting minutes


<kaz> Agenda

Minutes Review

<kaz> June-1

Sebastian: (shows minutes of 06 01)

Daniel: there seems to be some problems with w3c servers, sometimes it does not load

Kaz: if you see another problem, please try with another browser and identify the actual problem

Sebastian: any objections on the minutes?

vF2F minutes

Sebastian: (shows minutes of 30.6)

<kaz> https://www.w3.org/2021/06/21-30-wot-vf2f-minutes.html

Sebastian: (goes through the vF2F minutes)

... smart cities workshop is done
... wrapping up for the next step
... any objections for the vF2F minutes?

<kaz> (none)

Sebastian: so marketing part of the vF2F minutes is approved


Sebastian: we're working with ECLASS, ECHONET and ITU-T
... ECLASS asked us about the logo
Daniel: we need logos for everybody

Kaz: would suggest we check with Coralie

Sebastian: can you talk with her?

Kaz: ok

Action: kaz to ask Coralie about ECLASS's logo to be put for WoT liaison

Sebastian: is there any implementation that needs update

McCool: it would be ideal that we list here in a dashboard which implementations support which

McCool: also list what is partially compliant

Kaz: as I mentioned the other day, we should think about several levels of "implementations" including implementations of the WoT specs themselves and actual deployed IoT services which partly/potentially implement WoT specs or can work with WoT implementations via binding templates.

Sebastian: we should also list commercial tools

McCool: it is sometimes difficult to say what is commercial. what if it is free but intended for commercial

Sebastian: (writes gh comment on the decision of the group)


<kaz> list of WoT implementations on the wiki

Kaz: I'm OK with listing several existing implementations on the WoT page, but we should clarify our purpose and goal of the page. I personally think it would be great to have actual IoT services already deployed which are compatible with WoT.

Sebastian: we should remove or redirect this page to the gh page

McCool: also doing a backup in gh

Further Dissemination of WoT

Philipp: we need a new youtube channel that is called web of things that can be searched on youtube or google

McCool: do other groups have youtube channels?

McCool: is it better to have a playlist in w3c channel

Philipp: with our channel we can have subscribers and notify them with new videos

Sebastian: most youtubers are either not accepting the sponsored content or they do but they dont have time

Philipp: some also think that there is not enough support

McCool: we just need a training video

Sebastian: we should have videos on different application domains

McCool: yes that would be ideal but in the first place, we don't have anything. something basic would be nice

Kaz: I can understand what you want and the situation based on your explanation, but again I strongly would like to suggest we clarify our expectations for tutorial videos and think about our strategy on how to do that. If needed we can hire students or whoever to generate some videos, but the recently created WoT-JP CG is also generating some tutorial resources already. Also it might make sense to work with the other SDOs for further collaborations.

Ege: I can create an ad for a student job

Sebastian: sure

Kaz: also, regarding the ITU-T liaison, please remember my messages sent to the WoT Chairs list about that.
… there was a proposal about a possible workshop from the ITU-T SG20, and we should handle it carefully based on our liaison.
… let's invite him for clarification about what the event

McCool: could you talk with him directly?

Kaz: ok. will do


Summary of action items

  1. kaz to ask Coralie about ECLASS's logo to be put for WoT liaison
Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by scribe.perl version 136 (Thu May 27 13:50:24 2021 UTC).