Released May 2005
- Added layout.dtd file for formatting. This includes elements for page layout, system layout, staff layout, measure layout, and scaling from tenths of staff space to millimeters.
- Added to10.xsl file for transforming a MusicXML 1.1 file to a MusicXML 1.0 file. Removed the to06c.xsl file.
- Added <defaults> element, including default layout, fonts, and lyric languages.
- Added <credit> element for title, composer, and other credits that appear on the first page of a score.
- Added <scaling>, <page-layout>, <system-layout>, <staff-layout>, and <measure-layout> elements in new layout.dtd file.
- Added <barre> element.
- Added <harp-pedals> element.
- Added <scordatura> element.
- Added <tremolo> element.
- Added <pluck> element.
- Added <staff-size> element for scaling staff line spacing relative to the defaults.
New Attributes and Entities
- Added color attribute and entity.
- Added justify entity for expanded use throughout the MusicXML DTDs.
- Added valign and halign attributes and entities for vertical and horizontal alignment.
- Added print-style entity, grouping together entities for position, font, and color.
- Added width attribute to the <measure> element.
- Added chord symbol formatting attributes to the <kind> element.
- Added height and width attributes to the <frame> element.
- Added a number attribute to the <key> and <time> elements so a single part such as piano can have independent key and time signatures on each staff.
- Added print-lyric attribute, used in chord sheets that include lyrics and chords but no melody.
- Added fan attribute to the <beam> element.
- Added line-shape entity to the <tuplet> element.
- Added version attribute to the top-level <score-partwise> and <score-timewise> elements for easier version detection than using the DTD's public ID.
- Added a reference attribute to the <level> element to indicate display-only editorial markings (such as original clefs and key signatures).
- Added enclosure attribute.
- Added level-display entity, grouping different methods of editorial markings (size, parentheses, and brackets).
Additions to Elements
- Added <defaults> and <credit> elements to the score-header entity.
- Added more formatting attributes for positioning, font, and color to elements throughout the MusicXML DTDs. Many elements that used the position entity now use the print-style entity.
- Added optional <page-layout>, <system-layout>, <staff-layout>, and <measure-layout> elements to the <print> element.
- Added page-number attribute to the <print> element.
- Added optional <offset> and <staff> elements to the <harmony> element.
- Added text content to the <glissando> and <slide> elements.
- Added justify entity to the <lyric>, <part-name>, <part-abbreviation>, <group-name>, and <group-abbreviation> elements.
- Added the bezier attributes to the <tied> element.
- Added an end-length attribute to the <ending> element.
- Added level-display entity to the <accidental> element.
- Added substitution attribute to the <heel> and <toe> elements.
- Added parentheses attribute to the <figured-bass> element.
New Values and Definitions
- Added inverted triangle, arrow down, arrow up, slashed, and back slashed values to the <notehead> element.
- Added shape-note values do, re, mi, fa, so, la, and ti to the <notehead> element, corresponding to Aikin's 7-shape system.
- Added the large value to the symbol-size entity.
- Added dashed value to the <bar-style> element.
- Added change value to the <pedal> element's type attribute.
- Added augmented-seventh value to the <kind> element.
- Defined values for the <figured-bass> elements.
- Elaborated and refined the definitions of the positioning attributes to make them more useful with the new 1.1 formatting features.
- Deprecated the <print> element's staff-spacing attribute. Use the <staff-layout> element instead.