Cognitive and Learning Disabilities Accessibility Task Force Teleconference

03 Jun 2021


Rain, LisaSeemanKest, stevelee, MichaelC, Fazio, JohnRochford
John K. Kriss anne, Jennie, Justene


<LisaSeemanKest> scribe: stevelee

lisa: big update news is Rain is now Co-facilitator!!

<Rain> Thank you for trusting me to do this. Lots to learn!

<Rain> scribe: stevelee

<LisaSeemanKest> https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/coga/wiki/PlanningPage#Actions

lisa: names of attendees are on the Actions page

rain: I also made a few updates to that info. is everyone's names OK

lisa: is this easiest for us to track tasks as we have extra info

<JohnRochford> Steve, would you please post the URL?

<LisaSeemanKest> https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/coga/wiki/PlanningPage#Actions

steve: good to have all tasks in one place, with who is working on them

rain: how about per person and per task? I only add logistical and headers

<Zakim> Rain, you wanted to add that I also added logistical information there, and links to subgroup pages and to

john: who updates this>

lisa: typically me

<LisaSeemanKest> +1 to john

john 2) don't want to duplicate

scribe: have to be consistent with not just moving things.
... this has to be reliable and need to ne easy t ofind

lisa: need to decide how are we using this?
... does this new layout help

john, by subgroup fit but not other tasks

steve: i think this should be action tracking only. and move assignments to roups etc to group pages

rain: I can roll back and we decide

lisa: back to tasks...
... mental health - gathering research - a couple of new issues - collection sensitivities, recruiting

david: no feedback

Lisa: i got some but missing names.
... may have rpoblem how we source (attribute) may need ot be anonymous but does it htem lack credibility?
... .also some people will not use sites with any tracking, eg w3c, so need way to opt out

how do we cite such feedback

michael: citation can say somehting like "confidential source on date DDD". But best for examples

<JohnRochford> https://apastyle.apa.org/style-grammar-guidelines/citations/personal-communications

john: various agencies have guidelines for citing including anonymous (not sicentif citation)

rain: at Google we have research study collecting anecdotes and then assign number to those wanting to be anonymous

<Fazio> i do something similar

rain: data collection methodology is documented

john: that is accadamic approach - good for one time surveys but not so good across time

david: create a profile per person and reference that but not publically assigned to an individual

john: I mean how do we assign across time separated events, do we need to?
... nb these are people who will not want to be monitored at all.

lisa: should add this to methodology questions. David can you pass on to group please.

<Rain> Questions for David to bring to the subgroup: 1. what information do we need about the individuals who give feedback? Are they service providers, or individuals with lived experience? Do we need to know their specific diagnosis?

lisa: lets pass it on to group

<Rain> Continued questions for David to bring to the subgroup: 2. how do we cite the feedback from anonymous individuals?


David: XRAUR looked but need to do some research. Told APA, who thanked us

<Rain> Continued questions for David to bring to the subgroup: 3. how do we preserve anonymity? And respect if a person doesn't want us to know who they are?

john: back to planning page. two Johns so lets always use JohnR and JohnK to avoid confusion
... I should be listed as clear words participants - largest contributor
... been on the Sliver clear words representing coga since it started.
... so why 2 sub groups

lisa: it is the same "Joint" subgroup
... we are providing advice on they clear words methods

john: have been using content usable to create the silver template

lisa: wonders if EA would like to join?

EA: willing to do something as can

John: Irony of Content usable is not simple language and would like to make silver better
... would like to reach out as and when

rain: we are trying to be a bit more formal in who is coordinating on various tasks
... so would John or EA be will to sighnup as lead and report back to us

John: I will!

JohnR: given list of members I will set up subgroup

<Rain> ACTION: Rain to follow up with JohnR regarding next steps on silver and clear words collaboration

[JohnR left, JohnK joined]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-337 - Follow up with johnr regarding next steps on silver and clear words collaboration [on Rain Breaw Michaels - due 2021-06-10].

<LisaSeemanKest> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1RbjN7fLaucSzVfTqQdoCHoX3GFEoyHz2iiz3ap9Yd6k/edit?ts=60af6fe6#

zakim take up item 5

inclusive eetings https://docs.google.com/document/d/1RbjN7fLaucSzVfTqQdoCHoX3GFEoyHz2iiz3ap9Yd6k/edit?ts=60af6fe6#

lisa: can people please comment or add their initials to those they support or add more.
... prefered tools needs more work - especially chat

<LisaSeemanKest> agenda:

EA: first sentence is unclear

lisa: yes needs review

lisa. suggest should not be adding more things to our To Do list until we complete a few.

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: Rain to follow up with JohnR regarding next steps on silver and clear words collaboration

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.200 (CVS log)
$Date: 2021/06/03 15:05:05 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision VERSION of 2020-12-31
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: Irssi_ISO8601_Log_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Default Present: Rain, LisaSeemanKest, stevelee, MichaelC, Fazio, JohnRochford
Present: Rain, LisaSeemanKest, stevelee, MichaelC, Fazio, JohnRochford
Regrets: John K. Kriss anne, Jennie, Justene
Found Scribe: stevelee
Inferring ScribeNick: stevelee
Found Scribe: stevelee
Inferring ScribeNick: stevelee

WARNING: No meeting chair found!
You should specify the meeting chair like this:
<dbooth> Chair: dbooth

Found Date: 03 Jun 2021
People with action items: rain

WARNING: IRC log location not specified!  (You can ignore this 
warning if you do not want the generated minutes to contain 
a link to the original IRC log.)

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]