Cognitive and Learning Disabilities Accessibility Task Force Teleconference

27 May 2021


JustineP, stevelee, Jennie, Roy, cweidner, LisaSeemanKest, Rain, johnkirkwood, krisannekinney
John Rochford, EA DAfren


<LisaSeemanKest> scribe: stevelee

Lisa: is end June still reasonable

justie: yes, have some who is interested how can he get involved

lisa: contact Roy, Michael

Justine he is already a member of both parent WGs

Good news - RAUR is published as a working group note.


XR not published but RAUR is published

john: latest is they asked for more XAUR info but email was not to list

Jennie: will get onto the XR symposium this pm

lisa: inclusive work groups list done - but please review. will email list

<LisaSeemanKest> https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/coga/wiki/Actions_Requests

<JustineP> +1

<Jennie> +1

<cweidner> +1

<Rain> +1

<Jennie> I have been struggling with this too

lisa: add a task to monitor feedback


lisa: in general good for us to identify any process that is "broken" and then fix it.

<Rain> +1 to Jennie's comment, which is why I went to using a spreadsheet

jennie: part of my difficulty is tooling - we don't have know good tooling that stick to and can onboard new people

rain: tracking in email can be challenging due to "threading"
... an accessible scheduling tool could help.

<johnkirkwood> as a note, the google doc way that Rain scheduled the meeting worked well previously i found.

rain: happy to take on the action to look for best tools and process for threads

<Zakim> Rain, you wanted to add to that

jK ; felt rain's way work well

lisa: rain spread thinly

rain: not it' set up it might me easy to templetise.

chris: how about an async too like slack

<Jennie> +1 Microsoft Teams is another option, and can be divided into topics

jennie: needs a clear strategy.

lisa: another thing going "Ping" at me

JK: used teams but began to like it when well setup. We do need to set up.
... googles can be simple in some respects as we use it

steve: happy to help spend some time depending on availability.

<LisaSeemanKest> https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/coga/wiki/Actions_Requests

lisa: NB is for coga - not general meetings
... Chris would you be willing to "manage" and track EO in this table

kris: yes - reason there's not much happening is work still in progress in EO groups.

lisa: there was an email from Brent 1 week ago that might need actioning
... wanted to know if survey will be individual or TF as a whole

Jenni: I will lead the XR feedback
... [that's APA in Actions_Requests table the table]

new subgroup for silver on clear language

lisa: they want to discuss language and there are issues. So should perhaps have a second sub group for "clear words"
... make sure it meets both Silver requirements as well as our content usable. Will be a challenge. We have a lot of good material and much interest

<Jennie> It sounds good, but I can't over extend my committments

lisa: will reach out to list, esp for JC, EA and Abi

<Jennie> *John Rochford, I think - not JC @Steve?

<LisaSeemanKest> close item 3

<LisaSeemanKest> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1G9SJSiAT-SYDVNxBfwOe7A6VPqsmX4Ua0QT7-NrfQTA/edit#heading=h.4712banzlsuq

takeup item 2

take up item 2

<LisaSeemanKest> https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/coga/wiki/Subgroups/Mental_Health

<LisaSeemanKest> new iseas and reserch review :https://docs.google.com/document/d/1cF0PjPkEBeXGZqj0_0SKl-H2QE0sCHVIAL07UnD8vzc/edit#

<LisaSeemanKest> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1cF0PjPkEBeXGZqj0_0SKl-H2QE0sCHVIAL07UnD8vzc/edit#heading=h.n6a73gbk6opz

lisa: MC brought up another issue related to inclusive meetings ...
... "Sensitivities" see link above
... language will be important. Find out what makes it hard for people to partocipate in this new area for us
... esp Triggers

and Who to go to if there are issues

scribe: anyone have other ites to add, or look into it?
... could defer to the MH group

jennie: one thing to help is clear expectations and instructions that can be easily accessed and read

<Jennie> +1

justine: need easy way for participants to exclude themselves from triggering activities.

<Rain> +1 to Justine's note about the ability to exclude oneself

<johnkirkwood> +1

justine: do you have sense of timelines so SG could do? OK if staggered.

lisa: no timelines - but soon

justine: will put on next SG agenda

wireframes for the first three pattern illustrations <http://bit.ly/content-usable-images>

<Jennie> *Rain is leading this conversation

<LisaSeemanKest> https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/coga/wiki/Subgroups/Mental_Health

JK: can't see clear definition

lisa: here ^^^^

<Rain> Images to illustrate by pattern: bit.ly/content-usable-images

<Rain> https://bit.ly/content-usable-images

rain: new deck for wireframes
... hoping to break it down to good/bad examples of patterns
... potential wireframe - then reviewed - then pass to designer for strong aesthetic / polish.
... plan is under each Design Guide Pattern there will be a good/bad example
... will track the status of each one
... also archive for history

a colour text chip indicates the status

scribe: would like to get approval to pass one on to designer -

<johnkirkwood> +1

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.200 (CVS log)
$Date: 2021/05/27 15:06:58 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision VERSION of 2020-12-31
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: Irssi_ISO8601_Log_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/chris/kris/
Succeeded: s/lia/lisa/
Default Present: JustineP, stevelee, Jennie, Roy, cweidner, LisaSeemanKest, Rain, johnkirkwood, krisannekinney
Present: JustineP, stevelee, Jennie, Roy, cweidner, LisaSeemanKest, Rain, johnkirkwood, krisannekinney
Regrets: John Rochford, EA DAfren
Found Scribe: stevelee
Inferring ScribeNick: stevelee

WARNING: No meeting chair found!
You should specify the meeting chair like this:
<dbooth> Chair: dbooth

Found Date: 27 May 2021
People with action items: 

WARNING: IRC log location not specified!  (You can ignore this 
warning if you do not want the generated minutes to contain 
a link to the original IRC log.)

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]