Spoken Pronunciation Task Force Teleconference

26 May 2021


ADR, Dee, Irfan_, IrfanA, janina, JF, mhakkinen, paul_grenier, Roy, SteveNoble_
Irfan Ali

Meeting minutes

Agenda Review & Announcements

Irfan: Proposal for abstract. Only received comments from one person.

Irfan: create a standard proposal that can be used, but will need customization.

Irfan: other agenda items?

Mark: suggest outreach to assistive tech companies. I have reach out to Joanie and an email to Glen Gordon.

Mark: asking them to provide feedback on approach implementation.

Mark: can also reach out to others

Mark: agenda topic: more outreach

Proposal submission

Irfan: can submit it

Mark: include additional authors

Janina: use me

Paul Grenier: I can help/

Irfan: Will submit today.

Irfan: Will submit to other conferences as well.

Irfan: Deadlines are on the WIKI.

We will not be submitting to Educause.

<IrfanA> https://github.com/w3c/pronunciation/wiki/Socialization

Github issues

Irfan: we have received feedback

<IrfanA> https://github.com/w3c/pronunciation/issues/85

Mark: suggest collecting responses at this point.

Irfan: COGA task force created a ticket.

Mark: use all connections we have to reach out to implementers.

more outreach

Irfan: we need to add to the list of people to contact.

Janina: I will dig up CC list from meeting that we had a few months ago.

Mark: another possible use case: Comcast

Janina: I can reach out to NVDA.

Mark: create list as email thread for the group

Janina: When should we reach out to WICG?

Mark: Once we have collected feedback.

<janina> https://www.w3.org/Consortium/Member/List

Mark: highest priority -- screen reader implementors

Mark: for Google, we need feedback from the TalkBack group.

Irfan: confirming that contacts will be tracked in email to the group

Mark: once I finish, I will send an email.

Other Business

Irfan: anything else?

Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by scribe.perl version 131 (Sat Apr 24 15:23:43 2021 UTC).


Maybe present: Irfan, Mark