Accessible Platform Architectures Working Group Teleconference

14 April 2021


amy_c, becky, Fazio_, FredrikFischer, Gottfried, Irfan, janina, JF, joconnor
amy, becky, Irfan

Meeting minutes

<JF> janina: like this

Agenda Review & Announcements

<amy_c> janina: CFCs open

<becky> Device Posture API Comment CFC https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa-admin/2021Apr/0009.html

<becky> Data Catalog Vocabulary Comment CfC: https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa-admin/2021Apr/0010.html

<becky> https://irc.w3.org/

<amy_c> janina: IRC will move to https after April 26

<FredrikFischer> On https!

Task Force Updates

<amy_c> janina: XAUR and RAUR comments

<JF_> JF_ <JF>

<amy_c> Irfan: nothing to add

<amy_c> janina: personalization - there is still more to do and chat with what COGA does next

FAST Progress

New Charters Review https://github.com/w3c/strategy/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3A%22Horizontal+review+requested%22

<amy_c> josh: FAST - will be looking at suggetions this Friday

Horizontal Review Issues Tracker https://w3c.github.io/horizontal-issue-tracker/?repo=w3c/a11y-review

<amy_c> Michael: no new charters this week

<amy_c> michael: horizontal reviews dashboard - 2 new issues

<MichaelC> https://github.com/WICG/webcomponents/issues/916

<amy_c> MichaelC: AOM - not sure if it's something APA needs to follow

<MichaelC> https://github.com/w3c/image-resource/issues/39

<amy_c> MichaelC: Label Member

<amy_c> JF_: I think we're done with that

<amy_c> JF_: closed

<FredrikFischer> Just a little ask: could someone close the My Calendar issue for me? I found nothing for us to comment on, though I don't have permissions to edit stuff.

<FredrikFischer> Thanks Becky! Sorry for butting in. My connection is ai bit sketchy...

<amy_c> MichaelC: leaving ruby open

new on TR http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html

<amy_c> MichaelC: there are 3 part of a suite

<MichaelC> WebCodecs

<amy_c> janina: too low for us

<Fazio_> Sorry I'm late Maturity Modeling ran long

<MichaelC> AVC (H.264) WebCodecs Registration

<amy_c> janina: no need to review

<MichaelC> WebCodecs Codec Registry

<amy_c> MichaelC: no need to review

<FredrikFischer> Woop woop!

CSS Update (Amy) https://github.com/w3c/css-a11y/issues

<amy_c> https://github.com/w3c/a11y-request/issues/2

<amy_c> https://www.w3.org/TR/css-multicol-1/

amy_c: It was for CR sometimes back. Rachel made some suggestions, but few concerns.

amy_c: She made good suggestions. In this spec, they have section mentioning about accessibility.

<FredrikFischer> Are there any suggestions on remedies?

amy_c: I suggest that we could ask them to elaborate it in more details.

<FredrikFischer> I think the cross-reference would do it.

<FredrikFischer> There might actually be a reason for elaboration here, pointing these problems out specifically. Clearness is kindness.

<FredrikFischer> Yes to that!

<FredrikFischer> Absolutely to the UWCAG document.

amy_c: we can point it to WCAG 1.4.10.

<FredrikFischer> *Sorry for gunking up the log. >( (

<amy_c> https://www.w3.org/WAI/WCAG21/Understanding/reflow.html

amy_c: this also gives us the code details and examples

amy_c: good thing about the quick reference that user can always to and get more details

<FredrikFischer> Does it have to be either or?

<FredrikFischer> Um, I mean, does it have to be the one or the other?

<FredrikFischer> Of course. I just meant there could be more than one reference to link in the Accessibility Considerations section.

amy_c: Will update the ticket to request adding an accessibility consideration section and reference WCAG reflow info

janina: we need to get this into our tracker

MichaelC: We need to file an issue in the CSS tracker add a link to that in https://github.com/w3c/a11y-request/issues/2

Dangling Spec Review Cleanup: https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Category:Spec_Review_Assigned

MichaelC: send link to new issue to Michael and he will add a11y-needs-resolution label to the version in CSS . Once that is done can close issue 2 in the a11y-request

<amy_c> MichaelC: will circle back

Actions Checkin (Specs) https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/open

<amy_c> FredrikFischer: didn't find any issues after review of My Calendar issue

<FredrikFischer> Yes.

<FredrikFischer> It does both. iCal, nothing fancier.

Dangling Spec Review Cleanup: https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Category:Spec_Review_Assigned

<MichaelC> https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/File_API

<amy_c> MichaelC: 5 to report

<amy_c> Fazio_: no progress yet on File API

<MichaelC> https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Geolocation_API_Specification_2nd_Edition

<amy_c> MichaelC: propose to abandon review

<amy_c> janina: it's awfully old

<amy_c> no objection from group to abandon

<MichaelC> https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/How_EMVCo,_FIDO,_and_W3C_Technologies_Relate

<amy_c> MichaelC: background review for payment security

<amy_c> janina: we're fine on this and low on our radar

<MichaelC> close action-2266

<trackbot> Closed action-2266.

<MichaelC> https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Media_Queries_Level_5

<amy_c> MichaelC: propose to abandon; we've been interacting so no review needed

<amy_c> janina: happy with what's happening with this

<MichaelC> close action-2239

<trackbot> Closed action-2239.

<amy_c> janina: amy agree?

<amy_c> doesn't disagree

<MichaelC> https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Language_Tags_and_Locale_Identifiers_for_the_World_Wide_Web

<amy_c> MichaelC: we still want to review

<amy_c> janina: will review by next week

<amy_c> janina: or at least get a sense of it, perhaps with Paul's help

<MichaelC> https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Media_Capabilities

<FredrikFischer> Janina: I'd also like to lend a hand on the language and locales.

<amy_c> MichaelC: from February of last year that Janina was going to review

<amy_c> becky: was updated in March

<amy_c> janina: recruit JF

<amy_c> JF_: is happy to take a look and comment

Action: JF to look at https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Media_Capabilities and provide comments to our group next week

<trackbot> Created ACTION-2287 - Look at https://www.w3.org/wai/apa/wiki/media_capabilities and provide comments to our group next week [on John Foliot - due 2021-04-21].

<FredrikFischer> JF: collaboration?

<FredrikFischer> Word!

<MichaelC> https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Media_Capabilities


Actions Checkin (Specs) https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/open


<FredrikFischer> "Naur" is "fire" in Sindarin...

<FredrikFischer> Looking forward to PAUR.

<FredrikFischer> Would that be AUR House?

<MichaelC> https://www.w3.org/TR/?title=accessibility%20user%20requirement

<JF_> https://www.w3.org/2021/04/12-personalization-minutes.html

<amy_c> JF_: closed github issue for color contrast of "resolution" in minutes

Summary of action items

  1. JF to look at https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Media_Capabilities and provide comments to our group next week
Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by scribe.perl version 127 (Wed Dec 30 17:39:58 2020 UTC).


Maybe present: MichaelC